Chapter 23

David

Three days have passed and there was no sighs of people finding us. "The field trip was supposed to end two days ago..." I heard Arena whisper. "Yeah I know, maybe we should start trying to find our way out ourselves."

"How are we suppose to do that though?" I signed "I don't know, follow the river and see where it takes us." Arena looked uncomfortable with this idea. "Do you have a better idea?" I asked her.

She shook her head no. "besides on the way here on the bus I think I saw a river that goes near the road so maybe we will get there and get someone's attention." I said remembering.

"I guess it's worth a shot, can't stay here forever." I heard Arena say and I nodded in agreement. "yeah, well let's get going then." I said standing up. "Wait we're going now?"

"Why not? We still have a few hours until it starts to get dark." "Yeah I guess your right." She said and I helped her up. "So which way do we go?" "Good question..." I saw two rocks on the ground and picked them up.

"This rock means we go left" I showed her a regular looking rock. "And this one means we go right" this time it was a heart shaped rock. I put them behind my back and switched them back and forth in my hands.

I showed her my hands "left or right?" She looked at me "are you serious?" "Yeah..." She sighs and point at my left hand. I opened it and it was the heart shaped rock "Right it is..." We started to walk in silence.

I heard humming next to me and I looked over at Arena. She was smiling and humming. "You like listening to music?" She looked over at me "what?" "You were humming Angle with a Shotgun."

"I was?" "Yeah you were." "Ah, sorry about that. I hum a lot without knowing it." "It's fine I was just wondering if you listened to music a lot." She looked away from me "No not really."

I looked away from her, why does she do that? Does she hate me so much that she lies to me all the time. I sighed, whatever I don't care anymore. I glanced over at her and she wasn't smiling anymore.

I say that but I still hate to see her like this. What's happened to me?