Chapter - 3

An easy heart would perhaps die when they laid eyes on the infamous monster that was a god.

He was haunting to look at.

He was hauntingly beautiful to look at.

I gasped when the man's; no, the god's eyes met mine, the electrifying blue immediately overtaken by a deep black that pulled me in its infinite abyss and somehow I couldn't help but yell out again. Normal eyes never did that sort of freaky shit!

I pulled at my arm, thrashed and squirmed despite the pain it caused to get the arm that was in his clutches, trying to get away from the sculpted thing that was apparently the most horrifying monster to ever have roamed the earth.

He certainly didn't look the part.

His face was sculpted by Prometheus, and boy had that man done a specular job.

He looked like the god he was. And god was he a tantalizing one to look at.

Before I could dwell further on just how different he looked from the tales that were spun about him, I was pulled up, enticing another blood-curling scream from me.

Then the pain came back.

I writhed and screeched, trying to get away from the god and the pain, the feeling of feeling blood drain out of me so scary that I almost begged the god to kill me immediately.

My eyes snapped open again when I felt him draw me closer to him, so close that I could feel him breathe on me, the warmth of a mouth and the air that left it somehow drawing my attention to it even with all the blood dripping from me and the darkness surrounding my body.

This was too much.

I moved and stopped short for a bare second, feeling the silver stake dig into my abdomen, hurting the one area that hadn't been cut open by that dastardly wolf.

The silver stake. The god.

Pushing myself to my best limits, I wrapped my fingers around the stake with high efforts, gritting my teeth as even curling fingers around the thing burned through my entire body and heaved myself into the god, letting the stake penetrate through his chest with the last of my strength, looking up from the black robes of the god which were slowly turning red, wanting to see the face of the god that should be dead.

He smiled.

He fucking smiled.

He raised his brow that rested just over his lids, and his mouth curled up in a smile as if I had just said the most amusing thing he had ever heard in his entire life.

I screamed till I felt my lungs fill up with my blood, my efforts to get out of his hold renewed ten-fold, every gash and cut telling me to stop moving because it burned.

I couldn't stop. He was going to kill me.

"Enough." The melodic voice snapped, a hint of annoyance seeping into it and I stopped writhing immediately, fear clogging my veins and freezing them up.

With one hand still keeping me up in a painful position, he put the other one around his chest, taking hold of the half pushed in stake and yanked it out, not even a sign of sweat visible on his face as he pulled the bloody silver wood out of himself.

It didn't hurt him in the slightest.

It was supposed to kill him!

"Did your superiors really tell you that this measly thing would kill me human?" He was taunting me. He was playing me.

"Let me go! Please!" I rasped out and then was taken over as my body heaved and coughed, the taste of blood rising through my throat making me panic more and more.