Chapter - 13

I really missed people.

With Thalia, Adrastos and the god gone on to deal with a royal affair, the stupid people having left me alone in the palace to amuse myself, the past two weeks the longest time of my life.

I smiled at the maids that were for some reason keeping me company, the women sitting around the chairs they had pulled in their king's room, their actions sweet as I got their worried selves to decorate the room as I felt like.

I was bored and in need of a project.

Don't worry, I don't plan on dying, the generals and his majesty are supposed to be back after two more days, we'll have everything back as it were by then.

I looked around the room, looking at the black shelves that I had traded in exchange of the brown wooden ones, the settee that I slept on covered in new upholstery, its main frame that had been golden now colored silver, the color much more suiting in the room, the crimson upholstery royal to eyes.

I had draped a cream-colored piece over it that I slept with, the couch pretty to look at.

It matched the theme of the room a lot more like this.

"You all may leave if you wish to." I spoke for a millionth time, feeling a little awkward, knowing that the maids were not very tasteful of me. Had the dark lord assigned them around me to keep watch on me? They didn't pay much mind to my sentence.

The maids chatted around for another hour or so and then left, informing me they'll have my dinner for me delivered shortly, my 'thank you' ignored like they always did.

I sighed, settling down on the additional much smaller loveseat that I had brought over from this other room to keep by the edge of the bedroom to view out the balcony without actually going out, picking up yet another book to pass my time.

The food arrived and I dutifully ate, the loneliness of eating alone not fun at all anymore. I loved being able to eat by myself when I was in the army. Now, it seemed dull without the sharp comments and informative talks that I had with the god. I smiled as I remembered the conversation I had engaged in with prior to his leave, then recalling a sweet memory that I would probably remember for a long while because of how kind he had seemed when he spoke his mind.

"When will you be back your majesty?" I asked as he moved about getting himself dressed in lavish robes, his lack of answer when he turned towards me and stared wordlessly for a long while unnerving me till I asked him whatever was the matter that had him bothered.

But still, he did not reply, just continued staring at me sitting on the lounge with my face resting on my knees. Just as I was about to ask him what was wrong his lips curved up into a small smile that looked serene.

I cocked my head as I perked up in interest, his musing something only he knew of but one I wanted to ask of and then he shook his head as he turned for a second to place a few things in his case, as if shaking out the trance he was in.

"Nothing human, I just seem to have realized that I've never had someone inquire or question me about my whereabouts without any reason behind it. I've never really had to explain myself to anyone." He murmured, his tone one that told me he was voicing the words out to himself more than me and I smiled when he let out a sudden chuckle as he rubbed his jaw in a thoughtful manner.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean to interfere. I just wanted to know. I apologize if I stepped out of a boundary sire." I muttered back quickly when the brief idea of him having been offended crossed my mind, his dismissal to my words quick as he smiled and did that thing he did with his fingers to soothe me.