HER

I was rollin’ around and in my mind it occurred. What if God was a HER?

Quick lil one-shot. Erik is onstage at a poetry night.

The words Urban Fever flashed neon above the familiar stage that Erik had seen countless nights through Open Mics and jazzy blues. Erik took the stage for the former, a first time poet created by the woes of heartbreak. He’d been through a lifetime in under a year.

A packed house sat before him as he adjusted the mic making it taller from the last poet who was 5'6 in her clunky platforms. Lights blinded him from the faces of the crowd and he squinted as the liquor in his system along with the vibe of the room made his mind run backward with reminiscing. His tongue was loose recounting his too brief time with.. Her.

“I swear I lost my train of thought when I passed her, fro godly like a pastor, skin like brown alabaster.

Astral choirs sing jagged edge cause shorty done walked right out of heaven a vision fulfledged.”

NINE MONTHS BACK

“E, What you doing,” Diamond’s irritation cut into his sinful and lustful thoughts. For a minute he forgot he was in a relationship. He couldn’t say he was in love but neither could most people. Diamond was down for him at least, he knew that for sure. “E!!”

“Hm?” His mind blanked so bad he missed the turn to take Diamond to work which meant he’d be late meeting his other bitch once he dropped her off. She sighed throwing her arms.

“Really E?” Diamond cut with a look that could kill. She was visibly sick of his shit but still there.. “You gone check this bitch out right in front of me when I’m in the car? Beside you?” She pushed the wheel causing the car to drift slightly into the left lane nearly hitting the car there before he righted it. “You that bold?”

He took a low look at her from the side of his eye as he kept driving. He’d passed the girl because Diamond made him gas the car so not to get hit.

“You trippin.”

“Don’t do that,” she groaned. “Don’t LIE. You want the bitch, go get the bitch.” Impulsively she grabbed for the wheel again but he blocked her. “Let me out.”

“You extra right now, chill out.”

“Don’t tell me to chill,” she grit pushing the side of his head. He gave her another side eye as he contemplated pulling over.

“Just let me turn around.. Okay?”

She groaned as her head hit back on the headrest. “I don’t know why I fuck with you, you ain’t shit, never gonna be shit, make me feel like shit over your shit. It’s just shit.”

“So leave then Diamond! I don’t need to hear that shit.”

“I really should.. I’m not dumb, I know you cheating! I don’t know why I stay with you when I know better.”

“You know why.”

Eight thick inches explained exactly why. He purposely missed the next turn hoping to find that girl walking again before she disappeared.