Finger Rings

Note: Reader is on her way to a birthday party when she bumps into Erik. Drama ensues. Sexual content.

“Yeah, I’m coming are you coming?.. Uh huh.. Yeah, Maya, you better!” You smile into the phone and wander through Macy’s as your favorite cousin Maya’s chipper voice affirms that she will in fact be in attendance at your dad’s birthday party. It’d been too long since you’d seen her. You both were so busy. You find the watches and secure a Michael Kors for your dad.. something slight. He’ll love it.

“Yeah.. Yeah, Uncle Ray will be drunk as always you know that..” You pay and take the watch box choosing to forgo a large bag in favor of getting a cute small one from Dollar Tree. You have to get a card anyway.

“Huh? No!” You laugh and push the glass door open but freeze when you hear a loud grunt. You look up to see a six foot man grabbing his nose. His hat on the floor, knocked off from the impact of the door. His locs, braided back neatly, are on display and he looks ready to cuss someone out. Instantly you hang up the phone. 

“I am.. so sorry, wow. I didn’t mean to do that..”

He drops his hand and he’s easily one of the most attractive guys you’ve ever seen. The ice in his eyes melts once he looks at you. And then he really looks at you, scanning you completely. “I’m fine. Just look before you leap next time, sweetheart,” he says gently, grabbing his hat from the ground and you shift to the side allowing him to pass. He smells like cinnamon. 

External image

Feeling like a low-key creep, you wait about 10 seconds before re-entering the store after him. The man was truly fine and you kept your distance so not to be spotted, but you followed him around the men’s department. Mm Mm Mm, yes. His deep green button down exposed his strong forearms leading to thick, stubby ring-decked fingers. You press your thighs together imagining those fingers inside you. He makes his selections and purchases, then it’s off to the exit and you follow him to see which direction he goes in.

“Is there a reason you’re following me?” His grainy voice comes from your right and you stop short feeling like you ought to be on Dateline.

“Can I have your number,” you blurt and he smirks. “Nah sweetheart. I got a whole girl.”

“Oh. My bad then,” you nod with a small smile of no hard feelings and head off in the direction of your car. You pull off and hit the Dollar Tree like you planned before your dad’s party. It started sometime around 6 p.m. When you enter at 7:45, everything’s already in full swing and the house is full. You hug everyone you’re supposed to as they ring out their chorus of welcomes. You find your mom with your aunt in the kitchen fixing plates and she kisses your cheek before directing you outside to your dad. You find him behind the grill, one of his favorite places. You greet him with a bearhug he’s so excited to see you. You decide to save the gift for when he’s done grilling. For now, he’s surrounded by your mom’s brothers and older men you don’t know. He seems to realize that and starts pointing from person to person telling you who they are. A couple of them give you gross vibes but you choose to ignore it. Thankfully they’re distracted by a card game and beer bottles are everywhere. Your eyes meet another pair of eyes that are already on you and yours widen in surprise. This guy.

“That’s one’s Erik. He came with Maya,” your dad says and Erik gives you a brief nod that you return.

“VANITY,” a loud voice booms from behind you and a grin cracks like lightening across your face as you spin. “MAYA!” You wrap her in a tight embrace and she rocks you from side to side. She’s glowing. She’s cut her hair and got rid of the scarring you remember always seeing on her arms. “You look amazing,” you say still awed. She starts beaming, “I know! So do you. Have you met my boyfriend, Erik?” You’re pushed over in his direction and he glances at you briefly before looking back to Maya.