Jungle

There

There. Holding a papaya.. She turned and walked back to meet me at the meat stall having caught my stare. Skin like the velvet midnight, obsidian for eyes, legs like eternity. "Hey," she smiled.

-

Waking Sniff. Deep regretful sigh.

"Hello?"

Congested snort. You were knocked out. Drunk maybe? Allergies.

"You up?"

I bite my lip picturing your confusion with a smile. You picked up. We ain't spoke in a couple months but.. You still picked up.

"What time is it," your still-waking growl purrrs through my body. Low grunts. Sleepy feminine energy. "It's 4 AM," you scold.

"You been drinking? You sound like you was having a good time."

Your best friend has a birthday around this time if I remember correctly. A club? Party maybe?

"It's 4 AM."

But you picked up. I smile.

"I swearrrr I spoke to you earlier."

"The fuck are you talking about."

So serious. You wonder why I tease you.

I remember your room. Your bed.

A/C on high, freezing me. Nothing out the blanket but your bonnet and even that is probably laying on the pillow as we speak.

Another snort.. Deep sigh like you do when you're breaking your nose rubbing it. Definitely allergies.

"You wouldn't happen to have a twin?"

"Where are you now," you ask catching my drift.

"Birnin Zana. Golden City. You'd fit in here.."

You sigh but,

"I'm serious, you should add it to your travel list. It's safe compared to some of the other places we've been."

Your mattress creaks and I listen quietly as you sit up, more awake.

Your silence means you're probably still wondering why I left you that night. After your ultimatum: marry me or leave now. After we made what I can only describe as magic.. more than love.