Wig

Get rid of that wig. It was all Erik had asked of his girlfriend, Mylen. Not all of her wigs, because she had a lot of them and most of them were nice. Just that one damned wig. It was a short curly jet black bob but the hair was straight and looked like plastic fibers. He hated it.

"Mylen.... Mylen.... Mylen.... Mylen.... Mylen," he called from her bed. She didn't wanna talk because he refused to go to her stuck-up sister's dinner party the previous night. He couldn't stand her fugly sister. Still, he'd fucked when he showed up to the apartment after the fact. Mylen was pissed, but she couldn't turn down the sex though she'd tried. He was too convincing. She was mad at him and herself now and punishing both.

She plopped the atrocity on over her fuzzy wig cap covered cornrows and adjusted the part to the side trying to gel down the stiff pieces she'd cut around the hairline. It didn't even look real, there was no scalp in the part. The hairline wasn't natural at all. He didn't know wigs, yet he knew it looked like she hadn't spent more than $2 for it.

"Baby, this the last time I'm a say change your hat. You look crazy."

"I'm not changing shit," she said dryly, adjusting and tugging the wig in the mirror as if it would magically sit right.
She KNEW it looked crazy. She wasn't dumb. What could she be seeing that he wasn't seeing? He looked back and forth between her and her reflection and couldn't figure that out. She was just being stubborn because she didn't wanna listen. She had anger issues like him and hated following orders, it was why she'd had so many jobs.

"You might as well wear a clown wig then. You'd look better than you do right now," he glared at her dark part. "You know if I ever did some shit like this you'd be on my ass."

"I don't know... what you're talking about," she muttered applying a thick coat of clear gloss to her heart shaped lips.

"Okay, you don't know what I'm talking about..," he shrugged watching her leave the bedroom. She was off to work. He shook his head watching her back as she left her apartment leaving him there without a kiss. All because she was mad. Whenever she got mad, she'd put on that stupid wig not caring how she looked but wanting to piss him off. She knew that wig was ugly. There were nice human hair wigs lined up on little white styrofoam heads in the room that he had to stare at all night whenever he came over, but she hadn't chosen one of them realistic ones. She went straight for that hideous thing knowing how much he hated whenever she wore it. It burned him up completely.

"She doing this shit on purpose," he mumbled. "Petty for no reason. All because you don't like being told what to do."

With no one in the apartment to listen to him complain, he washed up in her bathroom and threw on a fresh suit he'd purposely left there for times like this.

---

The day went on with Erik carrying out his schedule. An early meeting, a seminar, lunch, a briefing, and a file's worth of paperwork. Mylen didn't call all day and he knew it was her pride stopping her because any other day she'd call him around lunch. She'd call just to say she missed him. She'd call and she'd use her small voice, all sweet and little. She wouldn't allow herself to succumb today. She'd rather suffer and stare at her phone wishing he'd call in her stubbornness. He knew she was waiting. 

He didn't call her either. He let her sit with her stubbornness and that ugly ass wig until he left work and went home, freshening up and changing into something casual before heading to her apartment again. By the time he got there, she'd be ready to talk or at least have sex again.

---

He unlocked her door letting himself in. He knew she was home and there she stood with an apple in her hand staring at him.