Euphoria

Erik heard the distinct sound of flip flops clapping linoleum and turned to catch the fleeting view of Erin’s ass jiggling in her Ralph Lauren grey briefs before she disappeared into the kitchen where his boy, Jabril was unbagging shit he’d bought from the Walmart ten minutes away. “Boy! Why you ask me what I wanted if you wasn’t gonna bring it. Where my chips at,” he heard Erin challenge. He could imagine her face. Her even brown skin, round youthful cheeks that made her look like she was still stuck in her teens, dark black eyes squinted in eternal annoyance, a snub nose, and curved lips. The top was skinny but the bottom was fat like his.

In his head, she was staring Bril down, using her age to pull rank since she was the slightly older twin. She was probably wearing a satin bonnet, smacking her scalp with the heel of her palm or digging in something with them long ass nails.

Jabril made his way out of the kitchen and  tossed Erik an Arizona Iced Tea, hopping over the back of the couch to fall into the cushion. He cracked open his Mountain Dew and Erik started the game, Street Fighter. “Get ready to get fucked up nigga,” Jabril smirked grabbing the second controller.

“Nah, run this fade,” Erik quipped choosing his fighter.

“Y'all dumb,” Erin muttered from behind.

You stomped into the living room, slowing up and sliding your feet in your white slides when you recognized the guest with broad shoulders sitting on your couch across from the TV and next to your brother. His best friend from uni. You’d recognize that nappy headed egg dome anywhere.

“So you remember his drink but you can’t remember chips,” you frowned, lip twisted. “You put a nigga over your own blood.. My mouth was set. Why you couldn’t just get my chips, nigga?”

“These fuckin chips..,”Jabril groaned, pressing buttons on the PS4 controller. “What you tryna get liposuction for if you just gonna eat chips?”

Your eyes flashed to the back of Erik’s head for the briefest of seconds but he didn’t seem to care. You hated when your brother exposed your business in front of people.

“That’s cool, you don’t wanna get me my chips. I got you next time you want me to get yo ugly bum ass scrub ass in the club.”

“You bugging, shit..” Jabril blew through his mouth and chucked the controller so that it skidded a few feet away.

”I’ll be back,” he grumbled heading back out.

Erin dropped onto the couch immediately in Jabril’s place, staring at the paused game before picking up the controller.

“Let’s play,” she said and the game sparked back to life. Erik didn’t question it. If she could play, great. If not, he’d just beat her ass and take the win.

King’s Court,” the game announced. Erik chose his fighter. “Sagat. How dare you challenge the king?” Erik assumed Erin would choose a woman just because she herself was a woman, but she chose Ryu. “Ryu. Go beyond the battle!” The battle started. “Your words are not needed,” Sagat said with folded arms. Ryu assumed his fight pose, “This is the path of my destiny!” Round one. Erik attacked out of the gate with a kick and two tiger uppercuts which connected. His attacks were relentless and Erin had to block or run the risk of dying quickly. Erik refused to go easy, she’d picked up the controller so she had to take that L.