Dark Therapy

Disclaimer: This imagine has gifs on tumblr but Wattpad isn't letting me add them. Sorry!
------

Imagine: Erik is your therapist encouraging you to get in touch with your inner villain.

Something was off about your therapist and his methods. Three months ago you were a people pleasing approval seeker. Gradually, with his help, you changed. Typically, that would be an ideal step in the right direction, but when you brought up your NEW tendency to seek revenge, his response was for you to explore it.. Give into in to impulse.

"Revenge is valid," he'd said. "Perhaps your catharsis is on the other side. Let the injured you heal however it must. You owe that to yourself. "

After sleeping with your co-worker's husband and breaking up their family on some petty shit, you felt bad. It didn't fix anything. She pissed you off before you did it and after.

"You just need to think bigger," Dr. Stevens said. "Your revenge wasn't an act FOR you, it was an act AGAINST her. Finding the midpoint would ensure that you walk away better than how you walked in."

You knew something was wrong then. Still.. You found yourself plotting in the journal he'd told you to keep. You planned the ultimate tour of vengeance against your co-worker, your boss, and your step-dad. Step by step you carried out your plan and recorded it all, bringing the journal back to your therapist who read it like it was a New York Best Seller, laughing at spots in between.

"You really pissed in your boss' coffee and served it," he grinned. "HE LIKED IT..."

"He wants it prepared that way every morning. Said whatever shot I added made me good for something."

"Attagirl." He reads on. "You blackmailed your co-worker's husband and finessed money for your car payment, that's what I'm talking about," he reached out to give you dap. "And gluing your step-dad's dick-hole shut? That's already genius but the GERBIL!"

"Was kinda hard to get in him while he was sleep."

"This is amazing.. You did amazing. How do you feel?"

"Evil.. I don't know if I can keep this up. I don't like being the bad person."

"Okay.. but what is evil? Who defines evil and to what gain? Instead of thinking in terms that do not serve you, try thinking in a way that will. Good and evil are not polar opposites, they are shades of grey."

You thought about what he said. You took it home and milled over it until your next session which brings us into the present.

"I don't think I can see you again."

"Why not?

"I started seeing you three months ago for my childhood trauma and instead of healing, I've never been angrier."

"Anger is an emotion that you meet on your way to healing. The process takes time."

"Right now, more than anything I need time to get away and think," you sigh. "I asked my boss-"

"Don't ask- take."

"Right... Look, this isn't working out for me. Do you have a referral?"

"I do, but that's not what you need. You still have these rigid rules in your mind and if you could blur them, you'd learn what your boss and his boss already know.. what I'm trying to show you.. there is no evil, no black and white, no reason for you to be under this much duress.. Free yourself."

"I don't know if I can be so FREE."

"It's easy. Turn it off, the fear, the second thoughts, the what ifs, the doubt, the caring too much. Turn it all off and see what you do. Come back next week with your journal. I wanna read it all.."