Strawberry Shortcake 🍓

When you walked in the front door of your boyfriend's house, tired from work, all you wanted was some food and the strawberry shortcake you'd been craving since yesterday when you and Erik visited your parents' home

When you walked in the front door of your boyfriend's house, tired from work, all you wanted was some food and the strawberry shortcake you'd been craving since yesterday when you and Erik visited your parents' home. You'd left the cake at Erik's knowing you'd be right back for it. Your mom was known through her neighborhood and your family for her cooking and baking skills and she had baked a small cake that day, sending you and Erik home with four hefty slices, two each. You and Erik had eaten two slices of the fluffy, fruity goodness together over a late night episode of Narcos before bed. Shortly after you'd fallen asleep, you'd felt the bed dip and heard him tipping back to the kitchen in the middle of the night and when you checked the fridge this morning, his other slice was gone. You snickered planning to eat yours as soon as you got back, but that plan was dashed when you opened the fridge and realized it too was gone.

"Erik.. did you eat my cake?" You yell up the stairs gaining no response. Climbing the stairs, you pass the bathroom and his office looking for him. He's shirtless in his bedroom wearing his gaming headset and basketball shorts, xbox controller in hand. His attention is fixed on the TV screen to the right.

"Erik!" His eyes dart to yours and back to the screen before he moves the headset off of one ear. "Did you eat my cake?" You watch his eyebrows raise and his eyes widen, a tell that is as good as a response.

"Huh?" He's still rapidly pressing buttons, eyes on the screen. "Yeah, go ahead," he says to someone through the headset.

"Nigga, what do you mean 'Huh!' Wasn't nobody but you and Preyy here today and Preyy doesn't have hands to open the fridge! You ate my damn cake!"

"What?" He plays clueless until he sees you going over to the console to push the power button. "Ok, shit, yeah! I ate the cake.. But baby can you blame me? Your mama be sticking her foot in them damn cakes.. pause." His following chuckle makes you think someone on the other side of those headphones has something smart to say about you going off.

"Nigga, did you just pause on my mama?.. You know what.. That's cool. I got you."

"Don't be like that bae," he mumbles before talking to the person in his ear again. The headset slips back over his ear.

You walk to his drawer to pull one of his white t-shirts and then to your assigned drawer for a change of underwear. You head to the bathroom for a shower to wash away the day. Then you go back downstairs and make spaghetti for two reasons. One, it's fast and you're starving. Two, you need to finish eating quickly if you're going to get your payback. Eating fast, you wash your plate setting it on the dryer rack and pad silently back up into Erik's office. His large leather chair faces the door making him very difficult to sneak up on. He has a call coming through soon that he's been waiting on regarding the Wakandan Outreach Center he heads, so you know he'll hole up in here to handle business.. It's only a matter of time.