Teach

An imagine requested on tumblr

When you call Prince's mother Kelendria for the umpteenth time, it's for your records since Ms. Girl is so tough to reach.

She'd made a point to tell you at the start of the year she was "elbow deep in guts around the saving lives so between 8 and 3 he is your problem." The word Bitch sat on the tip of your tongue but you bit it for the sake of your job, your class, and the 5'5 pubescent terror known as Prince Stevens.

"Who's this?"

"Mr. Stevens. This is Ms. Y/N from Medgar Middle, Prince's teacher."

"Call Kelendria."

"I'M CALLIN YOU," you rush. "We need to discuss Prince's behavior before it gets too bad."

"Behavior? ..He acting up in class?"

"Yes! I need you to meet me at the school to discuss solutions. When is good for you?" Your pen clicks to record that you spoke with him because you're sick of parental bullshit and they need to be responsible for their kids.

"3:15 tomorrow, I gotta take leave. Keep him there for me."

"BRING ACETONE!"

You roll your eyes leaving behind your empty classroom and the dick drawn on Prince's desk. Tomorrow is the day it gets dealt with.

The next day is math drills. Review, review, review. You deal with the average middle school angst, self discovery, and choas. Girls drowning you in a mix of Bath & Body Works that still won't combat the underarm funk in the room and hallways. You put 10 problems on the board and call 10 kids to solve them, Prince as #10. Just as expected.. his lil smart ass refuses to participate.

"When we gonna use this?"

"Sometimes you gotta do work and not ask a thousand questions or you lose time and money," you sigh since he wanna get real. "You also need it to pass my class."

"It's bullshit."

"Language! Don't make me tell you again, Prince you tapdancing on my last nerve."

"When is David gonna use this," he points, "when he's working at Burger King? McDonald's makes you factor fuckin equations now?"

"Strike 2, you can have an opinion but you won't disrepect me or this class. I will kick you out if you continue or you can go up to the board and solve for #10."

"Relax, you make 35,000 and that's probably generous."

"Office. Now. I'll get with you later."

The dick on the desk, the smart ass comments, refusal to participate, disrespecting his peers has got to stop.

"Fine, by the way Jackson you moved the 2 and you should've moved the 2x, you're supposed to isolate the variable. You know, get it to one side? ...Dumbass."

"OFFICE."

"Enjoy your village of idiots."

3:00 doesn't come soon enough. Prince tries to barrel by you and leave with his classmates but he's got detention and he's picked the right one to push. Y'all bout the same height, kid where.

"SITYOASSDOWN," a militant voice barks from behind you nearly sending you to God early. Prince rolls his eyes but you notice he sits his ass down quickly. "Put your hands on your teacher again you gone have to fight me and I'm a knock the teeth out your mouth. You hear me? Boy don't-"

"Yes sir," Prince sighs from his desk. You move to the side to let his fine ass father in and he points to the grafiti dick.

"You do that? ..That was a question."

"That's why I asked for acetone," you say when Prince shuts down nonresponsive. "That's been on the desk now for 2 days."

"Get up. Take this," Mr. Stevens orders his son who does it without lip. "Clean it up. And this classroom. I'm a deal with you later, but I'm a talk to your teacher."

You lead him to the hall and share all that's been going on, including your inability to reach his mama. They're split apparently and Kelendria has been putting all her anger into working. Some of that anger fell to Prince causing him to take it out on you and his classmates.

"We both work full-time, but you can call me going forward. Here's my cell phone," he recites the number as you plug it in and save it wondering if he always looks at people like this. Those smiling eyes like he's only got eyes for you in that very moment.

If he wasn't still married to Prince's mama.. No, not even then, he's still a parent of one of her students..

Still he is 90s fine, that fine that's hard to come by.

"Aside from his behavior, Prince is really smart for someone his age. I think he's bored in class. That could also be a reason for his impatience.. I've been giving him 10th grade math assignments to keep him busy but he's finishing that quickly too now."

"You saying I should skip him?"

"Well the school doesn't initiate any of those processes but if you were interested, I'd say it's an option."

"Okay," he nods taking it in, "Well I'm free some days after 5. I'd like to meet you somewhere for dinner, my treat, that way we can discuss it further."

"Oh excellent," you smirk feeling like it might be a sign. If Prince ain't your student you can flirt with his daddy.. but then again when would you ever see his daddy... DILEMMA.

"Ok let's make it soon, this week."

"Tomorrow."

He smiles. "Perfect.. You know, I might have to go a lil easy on the kid if acting up means we get to meet like this." He moves to look in the classroom finding it clean with Prince still scrubbing at the desk having gotten most of the marker off. "Finish that and let's go!"