Chapter 28

Niall's POV

(Finally!)

"Don't you ever say that again, ya hear me?"

I couldn't believe what had just come out of Charlotte's mouth. I was still kind of in shock from everything that had happened in the last hour. I just came to the beach to clear my mind. I had no clue Charlotte would be here too.

"You have no freaking clue how hard the last four months of my life have been Niall! First I find out that you were keeping a secret from me and lying to me, but once I actually had time to think about things and not constantly be distracted by you or the other boys, my memory started freaking coming back. I remembered that all my friends pretty much dot even acknowledge my existence anymore because they're pissed off that I left for my audition. I remember I used to have a boyfriend, but I have no freaking clue if we're even going out anymore. Oh, and the icing on top of the cake that it my shitty life; my parents and two younger sisters were killed in a car wreck. Coming to see me at school. The youngest wasn't even a year old! They're dead and its my fault! So don't you ever tell me what I can and can think about myself!" It was like a damn of emotions broke as she began to sob uncontrollably, hugging her knees up to her chest and rocking back and forth. Without even thinking, I moved closer to her in the sand and wrapped my arms around her. I expected her to push me away, but she just completely collapsed onto my chest, gripping onto my shirt like it was the only thing keeping her alive.

"Shh. It's alright." I cooed as I ran my fingers through her long, windswept hair.

"But it doesn't feel like it. I don't know how many times I picked up phone and dialed your number, ready to completely forgive you because all I wanted was for you to do exactly what you're doing now; hug me and tell me every things alright. But I couldn't do that cause then I would be weak."

"No one would think you we're weak, Charlotte. What you went through was total shit and if anyone gets on you, then they don't deserve the time of day. I am so sorry for everything you went through. It was all my fault. I'm not lying when I say that I truly do love you. I completely understand if you don't want to have anything to do with me." As Charlotte leaned back to look me in the eyes, it started to drizzle a tiny but, the rain mixing with her tears.

"I love you too, Niall, but I think it would be better if we just started over right now and just be friends so we can really get to know each other. I don't want to lose you but I don't think I know you well enough to be your girlfriend again." My heart broke at the thought of just being friends with Charlotte, but at least she still wants to be friends.

"Ok. I can deal with that. I will do everything in my power to make up for what I did. I'm not going to lose you, Charlotte. You mean to much to me to just let you out if my life." She opened her mouth and was about today something, but the rained started pouring down before he had the chance. I shot up as fast as possible, Charlotte right behind me. I started running towards the cover of a nearby boardwalk, dragging Charlotte along behind me. By the time we were safe from the rain, we were both completely drenched and laughing uncontrollably. I glanced over at Charlotte and locked eyes with her. Both of our breathing started to slow as we stepped toward each other. I started to lean forward a she closed her eyes. My lips were only inches from hers when her eyes opened and she put her hand on my chest.

"Friends." She said sternly as she wrapped me in a hug.

"Friends." I mumbled back slightly disappointed as she let go and pulled me down to sit in the sand next to her.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter sucks. Pretty much just a filler. Thought I'd write another chapter while I had the chance. Thanks to everyone who has read/voted/fanned! Keep up the good work!

Love you!

-Bailey