Chapter 11: Love and Shadows

✧Misma POV✧

"Please sit," Rhysand said. His expression was amused since I was the only one left standing. Warmth crept up my neck and filled my cheeks with colour.

"Sorry, I thought I had to wait for you to allow me to sit. Your are the High Lord and so...sorry," I shyly mumbled, lowering my gaze. Without further ado, I quickly slid into my seat next to - who would have guessed - Azriel. It was the only empty seat left as Mor quickly scooted over to sit next to Feyre. Everything was so different here, so not at all court like.

"Oh, no. I don't give much about formalities up here. I am just Rhys up here," the High Lord told me with a smile. This was odd and might have been one of the oddest things I had seen in the past years. Rani would cackle and howl if he knew how the High Lord really was.

"I heard you are training? Does it go well?"

"Ahm, yes it does, I really enjoy it, but that is not important now!" I blurted out as an answer and as a start for what I was going to say. Immediately all gazes landed on me—questioning. The feeling of irritation, confusion and also amusement reached me.

"You made an account for me? Are you completely and absolutely out of your mind? Gone mad? That is absolutely insane," I blabbered, bracing my palms flat on the table and staring at Rhysand with big eyes. The High Lord tipped his head back and laughed from the bottom of his heart. So did Feyre. Pouting, I furrowed my eyebrows at them.

"You just insulted your High Lord I hope you know that, Misma." He roared and my eyes went wide. I opened my mouth to apologise, feeling my palms turn sweaty.

"That was a joke. No, I haven't...at least not yet. Although this female here really drives me crazy most of the time," the High Lord laughed, pointing at Feyre who smirked at him with rosy cheeks. "But no, you are part of my court, part of this house and family. You need money and you need an account and once you are fully recovered and happy we will find you a job in Velaris and you can pay me back if you wish, good?" I blinked at him, dumbfounded.

"I don't know what to say. That is more than good. Super amazingly good. Thank you, but I still think you have gone mad..."  I inhaled deeply and brushed my finger over a mark on the table. 

"I am a nothing. A no one. I am just Misma, daughter of Lord Thanatos. I don't deserve an account," I grumbled.

Placing a hand on my shoulder and clasping it tightly, Azriel was quick to say, "Don't say that. You are definitely not a no one and a nothing. You actually are—"

I looked at him with big eyes. Slight excitement bubble inside of me at what he was going to say. But the tall male just squinted his eyes at me and then tumbled over his words, mumbling something incomprehensible into his non-existent beard.

"Already, very important to all of us," Mor quickly finished for Azriel who bowed his head at her.

"Thank you, that means a lot and is so very...kind," I breathed, smiling. No! I grinned, feeling warmth fill every fiber of my body.

"Honestly, I somehow feel alive for the very first time in my life. I had no idea what I missed down there. What I missed out on while living in the Hewn City. It is so beautiful up here. So full of life and laughter and happiness," I told them after taking a sip from my wine. I felt my lashes dampen when my throat started to burn. Rhysand gave me a sympathetic smile, dipping his chin at me. I heard soft humming around me, knowing that they probably agreed.

"Gwyn, Misma you are joining me for shopping tomorrow? Emerie is coming too. Feyre and Nesta are busy, those lazy asses," Mor then questioned us out of the blue and squinted her eyes at the two other females in a reprimanding way. I quickly glanced towards Gwyn, hoping she would answer for us. She nodded her head at Mor, smiling brightly. The blond female returned it with a grin.