Chapter 40: Hewn City Visiter

✧Misma POV✧

"Are you sure about it? I mean Mor. Yes, she is strong and can protect you, but—"

"But nothing. It is fine," I groaned, giving Azriel a reproachful look.

"Jeen won't try to kill me, I just need...mental support and that, Mor is perfect for!" Smiling I looked at my mate. A muscle in Azriel's jaw flexed but softened when his eyes locked with mine. Something glowed in them, something dark and sad. 

"Promise me to be careful," I then quickly added, moving the sheets from my body and lifting my legs of the bed. The shadowsinger absently bowed his head while leaning his shoulder against the doorframe. His eyes slowly descended my body. He licked over his bottom lip before sucking it between his teeth. 

"Focus," I chuckled which also drew a small, mischievous smile to mate's lips. "I mean it. Be careful!" I again said, more sternly then. I slipped a dressing gown I had picked up from the floor   and tied it. Or tried to. My mate pushed off the doorframe and walked to me, taking the matters into his own hands and tying it for me.

Azriel was going away to the Illyrian Mountains alongside Nesta, Gwyn and Cassian and I would finally have my talk with Jeen. It has been a week since Solstice now and I was getting more and more nervous. Also because of the whole Koschei thing and the training with Amren. She really was merciless with me, now that we knew that I was his equal.

When Azriel was done with tying he kissed my forehead and I wrapped my arms around the tall male in front of me. I leaned my chin against his chest and looked up at him, into his beautiful face, those stunning eyes. 

"Don't tell her about the Koschei thing yet," Azriel mumbled in a low voice. His face was as stern and emotionless as it used to be when I had first met him.

"I wasn't going to. I would never. So many things have happened or have been revealed to me. To be honest....I don't know if I will ever be able to fully trust her again."

Azriel nodded slowly and brushed his a hand over my head.

 ∙∙✧ ✧ ✧∙∙

I gritted my teeth when I heard a knock on the door. I slowly got up, walked towards the door and I pushed down the handle.

"Jeen," I coldly greeted, stepping back and letting both her and the blond female come in.

"Mor. Thanks for bringing her here," I mumbled when Mor wrapped an arm around my shoulder, greeting me. She momentarily let go of Jeen's arm and both waddled in. "Good to see you and of course!" she told me, smiling weakly before turning her gaze back to Jeen and grimacing.

I could not blame Rhys for making Mor accompany Jeen up here. After everything that had happened, letting someone escort her up here was only logical. Honestly no one could trust her anymore and I was more than thankful that Morrigan was here.

"Misma," Jeen stated, the same cold tone in her voice. I led them through to the dining room. One could cut the tension with a knife and I could hardly remember a time where I had felt similarly uncomfortable.

"I will give you some space, I will just sit down there on that very comfortable looking couch," Mor quickly muttered, removing her hand from Jeen's arm and walking over to the couch onto which she let herself fall in the next second.

"Your flat is nice. So big and tidy. Your room always used to be a big a mess back then!" Jeen expressed, looking around in the flat and I nodded. Was she expecting an answer?

"Yes. I really like it," I still answered her, also looking around in the flat.

"You missed Rani's wedding," she told me, coldly while fumbling around with the skin around her nails.