Chapter 71: Howls, Growls & Injuries

✧Misma POV✧

"Tamlin," Cassian grumbled through clenched teeth, wincing on his bed.

"Even half-dead he cannot shut up," Amren snorted next to me, a low chuckle escaping her. Cassian had nearly fully healed, but was still in pain and the wound on his lower belly did not at all look healthy. It after all had been a huge spear that had been rammed right through his middle.

Fear rippled through me and collided with fury and terror. That thought made me feel so very angry and violent all of a sudden.

"Erm, Lady Misma?" I spun around, looking at the High Lord of Autumn with a questioning look on my face. "I am not sure if you are supposed to do that, but your glowing quite brightly right now, a touch too bright one might say. I mean you are currently illuminating from the inside out."

I was doing what? Quickly looking down on myself I got the answer. Clearing my thoughts, shaking my body and thinking about everything else but Cassian and his wounds, I managed to make the light vanish.

"I...I have never— that has never happened before..." I whispered. Eris Vanserra as much as gritted his teeth at me, examining me.

"Maybe she has finally gotten full control over her powers," Amren expressed, getting up, waddling towards me and examining me with narrowed lids as well.

"Well, that was about time," I huffed, letting Amren trace her fingers over my palms. Nodding and studying me, Amren pressed her lips in a thin line. When she wanted to open her mouth to say something the tent curtains parted and revealed....Tamlin. And he was only dressed in a piece of thin fabric which was tied around his waist.

"Seems like you could need some help, huh? Haven't been to the Night Court in a while." A snort ripped itself free from Amren when a low growl escaped Cassian. Nesta bared her teeth at the High Lord's smugness.

"Spare us with the chit-chat and go fight," the Illyrian general grumbled under his breath.

"And maybe put on some armor, that thin sheet want protect you from anything," Eris commented, his gaze meeting Tamlin's for a second. To that now the High Lord of Spring snorted, dipping his head at the High Lord of Autumn. "Nice that you are worried, High Lord of Autumn, but that won't be necessary." With that he left the tent and probably shifted back into his wolf form as the last thing I could see before the curtains closed was a tail.

"Bastard," Cassian murmured, shaking his head and consequently wincing with pain. "Cassian, you need to rest," I reprimanded. "Yes, mother," he chuckled, rolling his eyes at me to which I flipped him off. It was good that he was getting better and was already able to be humorous again.

"Do we need to keep an eye on him? Tamlin, I mean. Can we be sure that he doesn't do something stupid?" Nesta queried, raising her brow at the now closed tent curtains.

"I will go have a look. I'll try to find him and see what I can do," the High Lord of Autumn suggested and in the next moment left the tent with a wave of his hand. When walking through the curtains he nearly collided with Azriel, both of them grunting under their breath when shoving their shoulders against each other. Males...

Azriel was covered in splutters of blood, dirt and dust, a scarred and bloody hand still resting on  Truth-Teller. "The rest of Tarquin's armada alongside Varian have arrived. Drakon and Myriam are also finally here, the Seraphim will start arriving soon. Drakon and Myriam are in the High Lords tent with Rhys and Feyre now," my mate informed us upon fully stepping into the tent.

"Finally," Amren brought out, now hurdling to the exit of the tent. She left without saying another word.

"Can I get a kiss or am I too—"
Rising on my tip-toes I placed my lips on Azriel's, ignoring what he was about to say or what currently coated his skin and armor. The moment our lips touched, he squeezed his eyes shut and let air escape through his nose. "Where is Gwyn?" I mumbled against his lips, both our eyes still closed.