Chapter 27: Mates?

✧Misma POV✧

After thoroughly yawning, I couldn't suppress the smile that spread over my face. Was it caused by his scent? Or his warmth that enveloped me? Or just because for the first in my life I was really in love.

I was sure of it. Sure that I loved this male from the bottom of my heart. And I was sure of another thing as well-

But his wound. He was wounded, I suddenly remembered.

I removed my face form his chest and sat up to check if the wound had already started to heal.

His mouth was slightly opened, small snores escaped his lips. A pink blush stained his tanned cheeks. He looked so peaceful, so happy and calm.
But there was also a tension on his face. A tension I could not quite figure out the reasom for.

I decided to not give it more thought and rather focus on his beautiful face again. The full lips and the thick eyelashes.
Gods. And there was the smile on my face again.

I shifted a bit, pushing down the sheets, my fingers tracing over the strong panes of muscles on his chest. My fingers were so pale against his tanned skin.

I lifted the cloth and my eyes got wide.

It was gone, completely gone.

No blood, no wound.

Just a small scar was left, that was it. I breathed out in relief and surprise, looking at the scar. I steadied myself on my arm, yawning again and slowly brushing my hand over his chest.

His eyes blinked open and he opened and closed his mouth a few times. Some sweet, mumbled noises escaped his parted lips.

"Morning, Shadowsinger," I whispered, smiling and placing a kiss on his chest. "Good Morning, sunshine," he whispered, reaching upwards and brushing his fingers over the side of my face.

"You are healed, the wound is gone." "I know or at least I thought so," he smiled, showing the white of his teeth while his eyes fluttered shut again.

Mate.

This male was my mate. Everything inside me screamed the word. Every fiber in my body tingled from just thinking about it. But how should I tell him, why did he not say anything? There was no denying that the bond had snapped. At least it had snapped for me.

I wanted to open my mouth to say it, but the words got stuck in my throat, coming out as a croaky cough. Cauldron.

He fully closed his eyes again, crossing an arm behind his head and smiling. I leaned forward and brushed my lips over his.

I was still not ready to go a step further, scared, although I trusted him. I had no experience. What if I messed up?

The memories from the Autumn Court had not come back and probably would not. But I was still scared. Not of Azriel, of course, rather the whole thing.

He smiled into the kiss, putting his other hand on my hip, before rolling us over and steadying himself on my hip. His tongue ran over my lower lip. I smiled too and kissed him back. We were now just laying there, him on top of me, kissing and enjoying each others company.

His hand slowly started traveling up and down my thigh, pushing my nightgown up and I sighed into his mouth. His other hand ran up my upper body, over my chest until he put his hand on my neck. He tightened the grip on my thigh, moving his lips down my jaw to my neck, where he started placing soft kisses and nibbled on the skin.

I couldn't suppress it anymore and so I moaned out his name which made him hum. The hand that rested on my neck suddenly went to my waist and he squeezed it, making me gasp.