Chapter 29: Mating Frenzy

✧Misma POV✧

With sunlight on my face and fingers slightly moving upwards on my thighs, I slowly opened my eyes, processing everything that had happened. Mate. My mate.

Stretching my limbs, I felt an odd ache between my legs. Memories of the previous night flooded my mind, making the hair on my body stand. I quickly sucked my lip between teeth, curling my fingers against my palm.

MateMateMate.

The hair on Azriel's leg that was placed between my thighs tingled my skin when he moved on the bed. The bed dipped and he leaned over me, wet lips brushing over my lower belly and leaving a trail of sloppy kisses there. An unfortunately loud yawn escaped my lips when I tried to fully open my eyes.

The morning sun perfectly eliminated the membrane of his wings which I examined in awe.

After a low chuckle, he licked his tongue over my skin, making me giggle and sqeal under him. My mate.

"What are your doing?" I mumbled, brushing my fingers through his messy hair. I felt him smile against my belly.

He sat up a bit, looking at me. "Worshipping you....Good morning, sunshine," his raspy morning voice rang through the room, a smirk on his face.

I had to grin when he leaned up to me, placing his lips on mine. The kiss was soft and slow, his hands slowly traveling up my body, but he soon pulled away. Too soon.

"Let me look at you," Azriel mumbled, rolling over, pulling me onto him and I placed my chin on his chest. He brushed a hand over my face, moving a few strands aside. "Just let me look at you for a second."

He smiled, staring at my face, blinking a few times. How was he so handsome?

"Gods, I really am the luckiest male. You are....stunning. I cannot tell you how much I love you, Misma. You truly are a Light Bringer, lightning up my darkness," he breathed out, a tear slipping out of his eye. I lowered my face and pressed a kiss to his chest, right onto one swirl his Illyrian tattoo. "I love you!"

"Let's have breakfast shall we? Then we go back to bed and stay in bed for at least a week," he suggested and I nodded, warmth spreading through my whole body. He got up, giving me the perfect view of his backside, the wings and his strong shoulders.

"Impressive wingspan!" I laughed and he shook his head, smirking when he turned around.

"I had no idea that such salacious things would leave my mate's sweet mouth," Azriel purred, eyes burning with mischief and lust. I chuckled, crinkling my nose. I got off the bed, he pulled me towards him when I tumbled, quickly holding onto his arm.

I already wanted to reproach him, since there had been barely any food the previous evening so where would it come from now, when my eyes went wide. I had already been surprised over the kimono he passed me earlier to put on, but I thought it was from Feyre but now, now there were tons of food in the kitchen. Magical cabin?

"I am starving!" I expressed. "Thought so." Azriel pinched my bum, shoving me towards the table.

We sat down and slowly started to eat. While stuffing fruit into my mouth I couldn't take my eyes of him, constantly staring at him like a creep. My mate.

"When are we actually going back home?" I asked, another piece of fruit following.

"When you are not horny anymore!" he chuckled and my eyes went wide, gasping.

"Excuse me? Why me? Look at you!" I huffed, pouting and bracing my hands on my hips.

"You know I can smell your arousal?" he said, smirking and raising his eyebrow. Shit.