Chapter 48: Family Secrets

✧Misma POV✧

"Could you please let me get dressed?" I chuckled, pushing Azriel away again and finally pulling my leggings over my legs.
"Not yet. I won't see you the whole day and already miss you. At least five more minutes," he whined behind me and when I turned around I looked into the sleepy face of my mate. His hair was ruffled, toppling over his forehead. The Illyrian baby wore a big pout on his lips, making grabby hands into my direction.

"Please. Misma. Darling. Sunshine. Mate. Baby. Love. Best female in the whole word. Come back," he tried again while I pushed him back onto the bed and got up looking for a shirt. I flashed him a grin, tsking and shaking my head. "You are rude!" Azriel whined.

"Am not. Rhys will be here in a few minutes and you will try out the swords with the others. We have things to do other than cuddling," I told him, finally slipping into my shirt before ruffling through my hair. "I was not really planning on cuddling, sunshine."

My shoulders moving with silent laughter, I turned towards my mate. Azriel raised a brow and smirked. I only braced my hands on my hips and rolled my eyes. "Get up, Shadowsinger!"

"Fine. So demanding," my mate mumbled, moving the bed sheets of his bare body and damn him...

"It has been quite a while since I had last slept here," Azriel mumbled, approaching me with slow steps.

"Yes, the night of our mating ceremony." I smiled at him when he passed me, walking towards the adjoint bathroom. "Right," he murmured.

I quickly gave his bum a soft smack when he walked past me, laughing in triumph.

Azriel looked at me over his shoulder, an amused expression on his face. "When did you actually turn into such a feisty little minx? Weren't you always such a good girl?" he drawled. My mate walked up to the sink and braced his hands on it, chuckling lowly. I followed after him, quickly slipping in between him and the sink. A mischievous grin spread over my face when I locked my gaze with his.

"That is your bad influence," I reasoned, getting on my tip toes to press a kiss to the corner of his mouth.

"Mhm," Azriel mumbled against my lips one hand leaving the sink and pinching my side. "Rhys is here, by the way."

Since Rhys had arrived, I was heading downstairs. I let Azriel wash in peace, slowly walking out of the bathroom and collecting my last things.

When I walked into dining room I immediately spotted Cassian, swirling around Narben, grinning brightly and Nesta looking at him with amusement and also admiration. He flexed his muscles, letting the sword glide through the air. A true warrior. It seemed like he was dancing with the sword.

"First time training with this bad boy," Cassian told me, wiggling his brows and I gave him a big grin, showing him thumbs up.

"And first time training with this bad boy!" Gwyn suddenly exclaimed, jumping into the room and swirling around Gwydion. She grinned from one ear to the other, her eyes glowing bright teal just like the ocean in the Summer Court had. 

Her sudden and quite loud appearance scared me so much that I made a jump back, nearly tumbling into the wall and folding a hand over my chest. Gods, Gwyn.

"Balthazar and Emerie will also join us soon," Mor told us, appearing and leaning onto the threshold. A faintish pink spread over her cheeks at the mention of her partner.

Mor and Emerie had not yet moved in together as Emerie still had her shop in Windhaven but they were head over heels in love with each other. Mor had been still slightly reserved concerning the whole relationship, probably due to her whole history with growing up in the Hewn City. But Emerie wasn't, although she also grew up in similar circumstances in Illyria. She was open — openly loved Mor from the bottom of her heart and showed it in every possible way.