Chapter 8 - 13 Amendment "All... were created equal."

"So, y-you're not gonna hurt me?" I stammered. I was sitting cross legged on the table, where Ian had just set me down at, staring up at the guys.

All of them.

"No, why would we?" Adam asked, confused. Easy. To show you're in power. To boast control. To own a pet and try to tame me. To feel better about yourself, to-

"Hey, you ok?" I realized I was shaking, so I quickly improvised "I'm fine, just a little cold." It was true though. I was wearing short sleeves that belonged to a black shirt that went just past my waist, and black leggings. Well at least I'm not hungry any-

"Oh!" I leaped up suddenly, staggering at my leg.

"What's wrong?" Mitch asked.

"Wildstar!"

"What?" I peeked over the edge, flinching when I noticed how far away the floor was. I frowned, trying to calculate the distance.

"Need help?" Ian asked.

"... Yes." I admitted. Really, I was terrified. If he helped me, then that would mean giving my fate to another person. Resting my life in someone's hands.

Literally.

He cautiously placed his hand on the table, so I swallowed my fears and climbed onto it. He crouched down, resting his hand on the floor. I hobbled over to the couch, stumbling slightly.

"Wildstar?" I called out. I was suddenly trapped in a hug.

"Samantha! You're alive!" She Wildstar stepped back with a happy grin, which quickly faded.

"You're hurt?" She gasped.

"I-It's nothing." I tried to hide my limp. "But they... They found me."

"So I heard." Wildstar scoffed. "And they hurt you?"

"Nonono! They... Helped me out. And... I guess I want you to meet them."

"But what about that one guy that-?"

"He saved me from a mouse trap. Ian's ok." I assured her.

"Not what I meant. Didn't you tell me about that one guy? He, uhm... *snaps fingers* he caged you didn't he?" I froze.

Right... I was hoping to forget about Eric.