Chapter 38- I Need You, But Why Does He Not Agree?

"I can't believe you actually spent all day yesterday just to find us." Skylar grumbled, sitting down between Yumi and Kay. "What did you need us for anyway?" I swallowed nervously, feeling everyone's gaze on me.

     "Well uh... I er..." I stammered, blushing. I hate being put in the hot spot.

     "Well I told Samantha that she needs to do this before she decides on something." Seto chipped in from across the room.

     "Do what?" Ian asked.

     "Oh, is this about the-" Wildstar's comment was cut off by Seto's glare. "Sorry." She muttered.

     "Yes, Wildstar, it is." I took a deep breath. "I asked Seto to make a certain potion, as some of you may know." Jason nodded to himself at this. "And uh... Well, Seto thought it would be fair to put this to a vote."

     "What are you talking about, Samantha?" Mitch asked. I sighed.

     "I asked Seto to make a potion that would make me a normal sized human." Silence fell, and I waited for my words to sink in.

     "WHAT!?" Shadow squawked. My ears drooped a little, because she was usually quiet.

     "Are you crazy!?" Starboard demanded, scampering up to me and grabbing my shoulders, shaking me and demanding an answer. I tucked my tail between my legs.

     "Ya see? I knew they'd react like this!" I called to Seto. The guys were still frozen, shock plastered across their faces. Except for Ty's, he was in a respectful silence.

     "...n... Samantha, are you sure you'd want to do this? You're talking about changing something that's been a part of your life for... forever." Adam finally reasoned. I nodded.

     "That's why I want it to be put to a vote." I asserted. Kyleen and Kittin looked at each other with torn expressions.

     "Samantha... what made you want to do this?" Kittin asked nervously.

     "... I just... want a new perspective on life." I admitted.

     "You know you couldn't just simply go back. Just because I could whip up a shrinking potion doesn't mean I will." Seto said firmly. "You have to be sure." I sighed and brushed my bangs out of my face, feeling defeated and lost.

     "That's why I want a vote. I don't know what I want." I said in frustration, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose.

     "... I think you should go for it." Silverstreamcat rested her hand on my shoulder. "You should do it, you seemed so... sad, depressed tat you couldn't take care of yourself when I first met you. You wanted to be able to handle yourself."I looked up at her and smiled.

     "Really?" I asked.

     "Really." She smiled back at me.

     "That does make sense." Jason agreed slowly. "Plus we wouldn't have to carry you everywhere, and we could have some more help with things around the house."

     "Really, what could I do to help the house?" I asked with doubt.

     "Uh..."

     "Let's not worry about that in particular just yet. We need to focus on this." Seto pulled out the small vial holding the potion from his cloak's pocket.

     "By the way, since when did you have a cloak?" I questioned.

     "Since always. Now," Wildstar snerked at his reply. "Should Samantha consume this and be normal sized?"

     "... I think so." Ian admitted. I gave him a surprised glance. "Duh, Eric can't kidnap you near as easily either." He pointed out. I nodded in understanding.

     "Same." Adam agreed. Starboard, Kittin, and Wildstar got up.

     "We're on board." Wildstar declared, walking over to stand beside Adam's spot on the couch. Jason, Mitch, Silverstreamcat, Yumi, and even Skylar and Shadow had decided that I should. That only left me with one questioning person.

     I took a deep breath and faced Ty.

     "... well?" I asked quietly. He bit his lower lip.

     "I don't know." He brushed his bangs out of his eyes. "It-It's just... your whole life has centered around being this size. Shouldn't you be proud of that?"

     "P-proud?" I choked. "Proud of what? Of not being able to take care of myself? Of being a weak spot for the team?" He was about to protest when I narrowed my eyes and continued. "Listen, Ty, this is what I want, I now know that, so does everyone else, but why do you, of all people, not want this as well?"

     "Just because people want you to be someone different doesn't mean that you should go with it!" He protested.

     "Th-this isn't-" I cut myself off with a shaky breath, gritting my teeth hard and closing my eyes. "This isn't their decision. It's still my decision."

     "Then do what you want. I don't care." He got up and then left the room, signifying that he had gone to his room when he shut his door with a slam. I let out a shuddery sigh, holding my face in my hands and ignoring everyone's confusion and concern-filled glances.

     It didn't make any sense.

     Why was he against this?

     What was wrong?