Chapter 23- Old Allies

I gingerly felt Silverstreamcat's pulse to make sure she was alright. Seto had already left, and Ty had gone to tend to the others, the other... Well, I'm not sure what to call ourselves. My kind were nekos, and Shadow was an Ookami, Kay a kitsune... But what about the others? They weren't exactly Borrowers. Maybe for now I'll just call them Tinies... Except that's ironic because I'm only a couple millimeters taller than them.

My mind snapped back into the real world when Silverstreamcat groaned in her sleep, turning over. Satisfied now that she was alright, I stood up and took a running leap from the end table to the nearby window. How is this possible, you ask? My leg muscles have been improving, strong enough to where I can jump from one end of the table to the other.

That's actually very long distance right there.

I sat down on the window's ledge, staring into space. I knew Silverstreamcat from after I had escaped Eric. I was so dehydrated one day on my trip to here that I passed out in the middle of a human road. Silverstreamcat had risked her life to run out and drag me away from the cars and to the safety of her house. She saw my wounds, so she tended to me until I regained consciousness. I had been so grateful for her help, especially since she did it with nothing to be expected of payment.

A flapping sound made me blink back into consciousness as a moth landed beside me. I'll admit, I was a little intimidated, but I didn't show it.

"Hey you." I murmured politely, slowly standing up to not scare it off. It merely stared at me with its antennas wriggling in the air. I slowly took a couple more steps closer, fascinated by its curiosity. Then its antennas dipped down and tapped my head. I merely flinched as it poked and prodded me. Dissatisfied, it flapped its wings and flew off.

"What are you Samantha, the Butterfly Tamer?" I quickly turned at the ragged and croaky voice, already cracking a small grin.

"Welcome to my place now, Silverstreamcat."