Chapter 31- The Trail We Blaze is For a Reunion

So after I explained to Jordan that I do in fact live with famous YouTubers and that I wasn't some really weird fan-girl who shrank and hurt herself to get an autograph personally (although that seems rational XD), he called Adam and I believe that the conversation went like this:

"Hey Adam."

"Jordan? Hey, I didn't expect you to be calling. What's up?"

"Well... more like what's down..."

"Jordan... I suck at riddles, just tell me please!"

"I believe you are looking for someone? Her name's uhm..."

"Samantha Verona!" I chipped in. He nodded his thanks and repeated it to Adam.

"Yeah, Samantha Verona?"

"Wha-HOW DID YOU FIND HER!?"

"Um, let me see, she was kidnapped, maltreated, I found her after she made a get-away, and now I'm taking care of her, so you feel like going to Santa Barbara?"

"*sighs* fine fine fine, I'm just glad she's alright. The others were ready to defeat me with their cuteness."

"The others-? Nevermind, I'll take good care of her 'till you get here."

"Ok, and thank you, Jordan."

"Anytime."

He hung up and set the phone beside him, next to me who was next to him.

"So Adam's comin' over." He summarized. I rolled my eyes.

"I know, I heard." I said lamely.

"Oh. Kay." He fixed his hair in silence as I stayed sitting Indian style, resting my chin against my arm propped against my knee. I finally sighed and started grooming my tail out of boredom.

"So, you actually have real ears and a tail?" Jordan asked out of the blue. I nodded, hugging my tail.

"Eet's so fwuffy..." I whispered, smiling. He chuckled.

"Thought so... Um, so when's the last time you ate?" At the thought of food, my stomach growled and I blushed guiltily.

"... more than a week." I said bashfully.

"Do you want something?"

"I... I uh..." I trailed off as Jordan gave me a hard stare. "... yes... I'm famished." I sighed. He lowered his hand next to me, and I hesitantly clambered on for him to carry me to the kitchen. He set me down on the dining room table, then he left his phone beside me and went to gather the ingredients to prepare a meal. Being the mischief girl I am, I climbed onto the small device and managed to turn it on.

When Jordan returned with a tri-tip steak, he found me playing the Fortress Fury app.

"... Did you just terminate that guy's fortress under 10 seconds?" He asked incredulously. I looked up after my archers hit a capsule, destroying it.

"Maybe... Wait, is that real meat!?" I squeaked, abandoning his phone as he set the dish down. He cut off a meager bit and set it down on a clean napkin beside me . I wasted only enough time to inhale its scent before I started munching on it. "Oh my God I freaking love you..." I moaned, shutting up as I continued eating.

"That good huh?"

"Mmmhmmm." He laughed and started eating his portion as I finished. I stared at Jordan expectantly as he cut his steak into equal squares, then he looked up from the food to find me watching him like an owl. He grinned.

"Let me guess. You want more?"