Chapter 39- Making a Decision

I didn't move from my position, even as the others left to do the things they needed to do. I heard Seto ushering the girls away.

     "But Samantha needs us!" I heard Wildstar protest.

     "I'll take care of her. She just needs some assurance." They finally left, with Wildstar still grousing about leaving when I heard Seto quietly sit down in front of me. I sighed inwardly.

     "I don't need anything." I let my hands fall to my sides, looking up at the Sorcerer.

     "I know." He murmured. "But you want something. You want Ty to accept your choice."

     "I don't understand." I scratched the back of my head, my eyes starting to water. "Why is he so against me being like him?" Seto slowly cupped his hands around me and picked me up, resting me on his thigh.

     "Maybe he doesn't want you to change?" He suggested. I rested my arms on top of his stood-up hand, my arms unwinded on his index.

     "Why is it his concern?" I snapped, closing and opening my eyes forcefully to keep tears from falling as my voice fell to a whisper. "Why am I so affected?" Seto gazed down at me in an awkward silence, obviously not knowing what to say. Well who would? I let out a small sad sigh, resting my cheek on top of my hands and closing my eyes, trying to not cry still. What was so wrong that made Ty not want to agree? I looked up to him a lot, so maybe that was why it hurt when he said his two cents, which contradicted against what I wanted. I insufflated deeply, feeling a small tear trickle down my cheek and down my hands in a neglected silence.

     "... You should talk to him." I peeked through my eyelids.

     "Why?" I croaked, feeling another tear slip.

     "Ask him the questions that you have. You're obviously not going to drink this potion with out his acceptance." Seto was right. I should talk to him. I sighed, wiping the tears off my face and then hugging his index finger.

     "Thank you, Seto." He smiled down at me.

     "Anytime." I slid onto the floor and ran across the floor, avoiding Adam who almost walked on me.

     "Woah, sorry!" He sidestepped as I ran past to avoid me. I didn't answer until I skidded to a halt in front of Ty's door. I raised my fist to knock on it, then hesitated. Would he even want to talk to me after what happened? I sighed and rested my forehead against the white painted wood. Why do these things have to be so difficult. If Ty's a friend, and this is normal, then dating must be a hundred times worse.

     Then again, I'm not normal, which I was hoping to change.

     The door suddenly opened, and I faceplanted with a yelp.

     "What do you want Ad- oh, are you ok Samantha?" Ty knelt down and picked me up. "Didn't mean to make you go ballistic." I sighed.

     "Little too late to say that." I retorted as Ty got up and shut the door behind him, walking over to his computer desk.

     "How so?" He questioned, setting me down next to his keyboard. I folded my arms and shot him my most serious "We need to talk" facial expression. "... oh right, that." He murmured, sitting down in the chair and leaning forward, slightly towering over me.

     "Well, I just... I want to know why you're against it."

     "You're fine just the way you are. You don't need to change."

     "Are you sure?"

     "Are you doing this to boost your self-esteem? If so, I don't think sorcery's the way to go."

     "This isn't about-!" I quickly stopped myself and lowered my voice. "This isn't about my self-esteem. This is about why you are trying to change my mind."

     "B-because... because-"

     "Because why?"

     "Because I think you're amazing just the way you are!" My stern gaze fell and softened in surprise as Ty stopped talking, clearing his throat in awkward silence and resting one of his hands on the desk. I let my hands unfold and drop, still staring at him.

     "Th... This isn't about... so you're..." I kept trailing off, not knowing what to say.

     "W-well, I meant that I think that you don't need to change who you are. You're a cool friend just the way you are." He said quickly. I felt lightheaded, so I nodded numbly. "I can, however, say that if you want to do it, then you should go for it." He added.

     "Really?" I murmured, my ears lifting and my tail rising slightly.

     "Really. I'm sorry I wasn't supportive before, but I will be. I'm here for you."

     "Thank you. It means a lot to me." I started smiling happily, resting my hand on his. He gave me a small grin, not saying anything or moving. "Besides," I added. "It's not like I'm going anywhere. You're still stuck with me, Mister."