Chapter 27- Tormentation

I slowly felt my eyes flutter open as my vision went from black to blurry. I tried to sit up when I realized that I was tied down. My breathing pattern picked up as I looked around wildly, my memory flooding with grief. Please let Wildstar be alright, and the others. I briefly prayed, trying to find a way to escape. I managed to find a weak bond and bit it, breaking it.

     "Not. So. Fast. Pet." A shadow came out of nowhere as Eric grabbed more string and tied me down, harder. I cried out as it pressed against my skin, close to cutting off my circulation. I gathered my senses and realized that we were in a garage as Eric flicked on a fan at speed high. The wind blasted me away, but the other end of one of my bonds were deviously tied to a nail in the wood of a makeshift counter. "This is merely your punishment for running away. And that cat is long gone."

     "You." I hissed with hatred. "Usted no merece vivir!( You don't deserve to live!)" He only laughed.

     "What is that, French?" He sneered.

     "Je te hais! Vous voulez français? Prend ça!!(I hate you! You want french? Take that!!)" He continued laughing at me, not understanding a word of what I was saying. He finally flicked the fan off, and I fell down with a thump!.

     "You're quite fluent in whatever language that was, I'll give you that, but that won't spare you from your punishment." He threatened, picking me up. I hissed at him, no longer going to speak in english as his greedy fingers curled around me. "Well go on: amuse me with your gibberish." He taunted.

     "Baka!" I scoffed, looking away from him. His face expression hardened as he opened a hamster cage-- the same one from a year ago-- and he dropped me in it. I landed with a smack and he closed it behind me.

     "Stay there, pet. I have to talk to someone." Eric pulled his phone out as I shook the dizziness out of my head.

     "Yeah? Hey, yeah I found one. Oh she's alive alright. $10,000? That's a little cheap. Are you kidding me!? Hell no! I've searched for this pest for far too long to settle for $20,000. $50,000? You got a deal." He hung up and smirked at me.

     "Good news ya little pest: You're worth a fortune." He leaned forward, his eyes glittering with malice from past the cage bars. "Do you feel special to be worth $50,000?" I only hissed and turned my back on him. He banged the bars, making me start and fall forward, then he backed up.

     "Enjoy your freedom while you can, pet." He shut the garage lights off and left, leaving me alone in the darkness. I stared at the darkness for a few seconds before my night vision kicked in, then I broke. I pressed my hands lightly against the smooth sides of the cage, sliding down onto my knees and hugging them. I was alone, in the dark. No one was here. No one could save me. I took in a whispered breath as a tear silently trickled down my cheek. It dripped down onto the ground beside me, glistening silver in the dark. It made me fall apart even worse, and I shouted in aggravation, banging against the cage. I continued pounding the bars until my hands were shaking and my knuckles were red. I let out a hiccuped sob, resting my head against the bars. No one was coming.

     I heard a patter of light footsteps and I stopped crying as it continued. My chest was heaving up and down as I started sucking in breaths, terrified of what it could be. Then something squeaked and threw itself at the cage. I screamed and leaped away from the barred door as the rat clicked its teeth in frustration, its red eyes gleaming in the dusk air. I screamed again and pulled myself in the opposite corner, sobbing and burying my head under my hands and tail.

     "What did I do to deserve this!?" I screamed into the air, to be met with silence. The rat seemed to snicker at me before going away, and shock flooded into my mind. I widened my eyes as another tear fell. "Wh-why?" I choked, sniffling. "Wh-what's happening to m-me? Why am I so sc-scared all of a sudden?" I wiped my eyes, still crying. My point of view was being turned around. I no longer felt strong and independent. Eric was doing a great job of stripping my integrity away from me. I whimpered and rocked back and forth slowly on my heels, still hugging my knees.

     "I... I-I wish I never met Eric." I sobbed. "I wish I never moved in to a house in Los Angeles. I wish my parents never died. I wish..." My voice dropped to a murmur.

     "I wish I wasn't a neko."