Chapter 13- "Do Nekos Travel In Groups?"

I leaped over a stray sock, breathing heavily and quickly. Footsteps thundered behind me as I sharply turned a corner, and I almost snickered as I heard him grunt in surprise as he slammed into a wall. I weaved under a bed, coming to a sharp halt beside Kyleen, who huddled on the floor in terror.

"Where is he?" She whispered, her pupils nothing but dots in her eyes. I looked around to watch out for feet.

"I don't know. Where's Wildstar?"

"Still running from Adam." I creeped over to the edge of the bed, still concealed under the shadows.

"I think he's-" I was suddenly swept off my feet and into the air. I let out a shrill scream of surprise and anger.

"Son of a Mudkip! Tyler Warren Ellis, you scared the be-Jesus out of me!" I yelped, raging. He only laughed at me and sat back on the bed with a smirk as he flattened his hand, allowing me to sit cross-legged. He was the only one I had grown to trust my life with.

Plus he gave me chocolate. ( -^.^- purrr.... ) Totally not my weakspot... :3

"Oh yeah? Well that's the object of the game! And plus, Adam already found Wildstar." I made a pouty face as he gently stroked the tip of my ears. I was tempted to purr, but I honestly didn't know how to. One of the perks of being abused.

"Ha!" Both Ty and I started as Mitch sat up victoriously holding a small struggling neko in his grip, without hurting her of course.

"Nooo!" She wailed, banging her tiny fist against Mitch's fingers. "I was so close!" I snickered, still leaning against Ty's finger and closing my eyes, flicking my tail peacefully.

"Hey sleepy, wake up. Jerome and Bodil are coming over again, and you have to meet Bodil." Oh yeah. Adam warned me that he's a huge fan of trolling people.

This'll be fun.

"NO! Stay away!" A tiny voice suddenly shrieked. I leaped forward instinctively, almost falling to the ground. Ty set me down on the ground, knowing my intentions. I immediately sprang forward to run to the source of the small scream. I ducked under the door into the wild, almost tripping on a small rock.

"Help!" The voice yelled again, louder this time. I scrambled forward to continue when I almost ran into the neko.

"Oof!" I jumped back in surprise, tripping and falling back when I had a cushioned landing.

"Don't go wandering off by yourself!" Ty scolded, picking me up slowly. Then he reached over for the tiny neko, who screamed in fright and backed away from his extended hand.

"No! I don't wanna die!" She suddenly darted to the side to avoid Ty, who leaned forward and managed to pinch her jacket. "No!" She wailed as Ty lifted her off the ground, setting her down next to me. She tried to jump off when I grabbed her sleeve.

"Woah! Calm down!" I ordered her as she backed away from me, terror reflecting in her eyes. She whimpered as I inched over to her.

"Hey, it's ok." I soothed her. "I'm just like you. It's ok... What's your name?"

"K... Kittin." She whimpered. I slowly grabbed her hand and shook it.

"Samantha. And this is Ty." I nodded to him.

"Do nekos travel in groups?" He asked innocently. He set us both down beside himself, keeping a sharp eye out for any dangers as Kittin and I acquainted.

"Why are you scared?" I asked her. The poor neko stared up fearfully at Ty.

"He's so tall." She whimpered.

"Nono, before that." I interrupted. Her gaze snapped back at me.

"Banely." She whispered. "Abused..." I gaped at her.

"Wait... Eric Banely!?!?!?!?"