Chapter 21- New Neighbors?

"Mmm..." I yawned and stretched as I opened my eyes, seeing absolutely no one. Where was everybody?

I scratched my head to fix my hair, then I took a running leap off of Ty's desk to his end table. He was still asleep.

"Ty..." I called out softly, hoping to wake him. All he did was groan and turn over. I rolled my eyes and leaped off the edge, managing to land on the fringe of the bed. "Ty." I said firmly. He still didn't respond. I huffed, then poked his shoulder. Deadweight. I growled under my breath and then punched him.

"No... mom, five more... five more minutes..." He murmured, turning over and almost crushing me. I jumped back, now in a fiery mode.

"TYLER WARREN ELLIS, GET YOUR LAZY TAIL OUT OF BED!" I shrieked loudly. He jolted and fell over the side of the bed opposite of me, taking some of the covers down with him. I bit my lip in a failed attempt to not laugh as he emerged into view, his bangs in his eyes and his hair sticking up everywhere.

". . . what do you want?" He asked, yawning and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he stood up. I finally stopped laughing and smirked.

"I was just lonely." I said simply. He gave me an exhausted expression.

"You woke me at 6 in the freakin' mornin' just because you were lonely?" He glanced at his clock as he said that to make sure he was correct. My smirk faded, and I stared down at the bed with my ears flattening against my hair.

"Well... it's not really just that..." I muttered quietly, half hoping he didn't hear me. Unfortunately, he did.

"Then what else?" He folded his arms across his chest, his glare softening. Should I tell him the truth? I wondered. The truth was that I couldn't be on my own now, or else... I merely blushed hard and stared down at my diminutive shadow, starting to regret my ostentatious act when someone knocked on the front door. I stared back up at Ty, who stared back for another minute before sighing.

"This is not over." He grunted before leaving the room. A little off guard but relieved, I followed him, managing to keep up with him until I stopped at the top of the stairs. He opened the front door, revealing a boy and a girl. The guy was a lot taller than the other, and had a cute innocent and shy appearance, as well as a pen and notepad. His comrade had blue green hair and icy blue eyes.

"Can I help you?" Ty asked. The girl opened her mouth first.

"We just wanted to say hello to our new neighbors." She replied cheerfully with an earnest smile. Ty smiled back politely.

"Why thank you, miss uh..." Wait- since when did he have manors!? I scoffed inward as the other guy jotted down something, then showed his friend. She nodded.

"Yes, I'll tell him... My name is Eclipse, and this is Zain." Zane quietly waved in response.

"Hi, I'm Ty."

"..."

"... So, we'll get out of your hair." Eclipse clapped her hands together and winked. "Have a good day sir."

"You two too." Then they left and he shut the door. Ty sighed and stared at it for a second before turning to the stairs, and me, who was almost asleep.

"You hungry?" I quickly stirred.

"Famished."