Chapter 12- Mi Casa Es Su Casa

I stirred awake at a small creaking sound. My ears perked up at the sudden noise as I looked around in the dark. The window in Ty's room was open a crack. I was about to lie back down when something disturbed the silence again.

     "Ow!" Then I heard a snap. My heart jumped in my throat as I slid down Ty's desk, landing on the floor with a soft thud. Obviously the guys forgot to put up the mouse traps.

     I made my way across the floor and down the stairs, taking a breather at the bottom. I heard another cry of pain, which sent me running again for the kitchen.

     "Hello?" I called out.

     "No, don't hurt me!" A panicked voice replied. I spotted the neko girl, with her tail trapped in a mouse trap, the same one that had caught me.

     "Hey, it's ok. I'm just like you." I soothed her. "I'm gonna help you." I made my way to the trap and struggled with the metal part before it gave in and released her tail. The neko scrambled away from me, inspecting her tail.

     "What's your name? I'm Samantha." I offered. She looked up at me with fading fear.

     "K-Kyleen." She stammered, straightening her back. "D-do you live here?" I nodded.

     "Would you like something to eat? You look like you haven't had a decent meal in a while." She nodded eagerly.

     "Sure." She paused, then added, "Uhm, is it cool if I stay here until morning? My home's gone."

     "Mi casa es su casa."

     "Thanks! ... Wait, what does that mean?"