Chapter 28- Lost

(3rd Person POV)

     "Seto, are you sure there's no way?" Kyleen pleaded. Seto sighed inwardly and pinched the bridge of his nose. The past week of searching for the missing neko had been fruitless. He didn't want to admit it, but... Samantha was as good as gone.

     "There's no way that I can find her. She's too small for me to detect her using magic, and we are technically living in the city, are we not? Not only that, but we have no idea were Eric lives, and he could have moved from then even if we did." Kyleen bowed her head in grief while Kittin protested, "But we can't just give up! W-we can't! She wouldn't stop searching until she turned over every pebble if one of us were gone." Seto let out a strangled sigh mixed groan and covered his eyes in exhaustion.

     "I've been searching for a week with out sleep or even a break; there's no way to find her." Shadow's wolf ears drooped in silent defeat at her friends' protests.

     "You should give him a break at least." She growled. "He's been kind enough to even care, the least we can do is let him at least take a nap." Seto was about to protest with, "That's not what I was suggesti-" when she gave him a death glare. "Please. Take a rest and then try one more time?" She pleaded. Wildstar was leaning against two of her old friends who had shown up because of her injuries, Taiga and Icicle, while Silverstreamcat was watching Seto intently. Starboard was lost in her own world of thoughts, and Kay was grooming her tail distractedly.

     "... Fine." He gave in, leaning back against the couch. "Where are the others though?"

     "Adam and Ty went to get Chinese food, Mitch is recording, so is Ian, and Jason is in the kitchen." Satisfied with the answer that someone was still home besides him, Seto closed his eyes. He fell asleep under 5 seconds.

     Then Jason walked in, spotting his unconscious companion.

     "... You killed him, didn't you?" He asked rhetorically, studying the Tinies. Wildstar smirked.

      "Maayybee." She drawled. Jason rolled his eyes.

      "You shouldn't work him so hard; he's been up all night working on finding Samantha, and he finished that potion she had asked him to make, what ever it is." Kay climbed onto Seto's unmoving hand, which was resting beside him as he continued to sleep.

      "He's right, he's been so diligent and has done more than us."

     "Well we could do more. Search for her ourselves!" Wildstar pointed out.

     "Absolutely not." Jason asserted. Wildstar gave him a withering glare.

     "Wildstar..." Taiga gently nudged her. "Please. We're all under a lot of stress."

     "So is Samantha." Wildstar grumbled.

     "You can't know that for sure."

     "Do I?" She raised her brow. "You never heard her story?" No one answered. "The-the one where she was in Malibu and that's where Eric was?" Everyone gaped at her and she grew even more puzzled. "Really? No one-"

     "Wildstar!" Jason finally exclaimed. "Why didn't you mention that before?" She was about to answer when she froze, realization across her face.

     "Ooohhhhh!" She sighed, facepalming. Kay giggled at her moment of idiocy, nuzzling Seto.

     "Don't worry, happens to the best of us." She sympathized, flicking her tail against Seto's index. He muttered something under his breath that sounded like "Fluffy..." and shifted a little bit in his sleep, almost as if to agree.

     That made everyone burst into desperate chuckles of humor.