Chapter 2- Playing By the Rules

After a day of hiding in a raincoat's pocket, I somehow learned all of their name, the ones that live here. There are six guys named Ian, Mitch, Jerome, Ty, Adam and Jason. They all seemed nice, but my stakes were too high to reveal myself... Weren't they?

I shook myself out of my daydreaming and hopped out of the pocket, landing silently on the ground. The entire household was upstairs, recording a parkour map, so I had time to start storing food. Some bread would be nice enough to survive, but meat would be rare. But where to stay hidden?... I stared at the living room for a moment before nodding to myself. The couch would suffice.

My ears automatically flicked upward as I heard footsteps. i looked around wildly before ducking under the couch, keeping hidden. I watched as one of the males, Mitch I think, ran past my hiding spot, returning the way he came a moment later with popcorn. My nose twitched slightly at the delicious aroma, my tail curling beside me as I sat down. My stomach growled at me, demanding food, so I slowly and hesitantly ripped a small crumb of my spare emergency food. This was an emergency I guess.

"I'm gonna starve at this rate." I muttered to myself. It was really cold, resulting in me shivering. Was there anything I could use as a blanket?

I yawned, stretching as my small fangs showed. I'll look tomorrow, I'm far too exhausted. I wandered over to the corner of the couch, curling up beside one of its wooden legs.

"Nya." I meowed quietly to myself, drooping my tail over my eyes as I drifted into sleep...