Chapter 105

Musical inspiration: Windows – Angel Olsen

"Your wickedness, I'm so pleased to see you again! It's been a while", minion had felt obliged to greet his mistress first out of loyalty, but then turned to Zelda and Hilda, "And you too, First Lady, it's always a delight to see you. I assume you're the sister I didn't have the pleasure to meet yet?"

"Hilda, yes", the younger Spellman confirmed cheerfully, "Zelds, do you still need me here or should I give you some space to discuss everything?"

"Yes, thank you, Hilda, you can go."

Lilith was clutching Zelda's arm, hiding behind her to minion's confusion. Though everything made clear it was his mistress standing there, she had no resemblance with the demoness he knew whatsoever. Zelda sat them down, gesturing for minion to do so as well but he felt it was not his place, out of respect.

"May I ask what the reason for my summoning is?"

Zelda realised she would have to be the one to do the talking when she felt Lilith's face press against her back, turning away from minion, and keeping her arms wrapped tightly around her middle.

"We're in need of your competencies as a therapist", she started and explained the whole matter roughly, but still emphasising the urgency of the matter.

"I am truly sorry to hear that, your ladyships", his gaze fell on Lilith, now understanding her strange behaviour, making him frown in sympathy, "Of course, I will do everything I can to get her Wickedness back on her feet."

Zelda rubbed Lilith's thigh soothingly, a heavy weight falling from her chest as she realised she would not have to carry this on her own anymore but with someone guiding her.

"I agree with you though, it is vital for us to find a way to compensate for the lack of soul within her mistress for it would simply be too dangerous given her state. How do you feel about giving Lilith access to your soul, Zelda?"

"If it helps...I mean, sharing my soul shouldn't be that difficult, you've possessed me before, isn't that somehow similar?", she turned her head to get a glimpse of Lilith, then to minion who looked at them confused, "Don't ask", she said, wanting to spare him the details of their sex life.

"Not quite the same, but I see you don't have reservations. And it really isn't that big of a deal, your ladyship, at least within the framework I'd like to do it. It simply serves the purpose of stabilising mistress Lilith a bit, so we can work on this issue properly."

Lilith's lashes tickled her as she blinked; that was how she knew she was listening, even if she was not actively engaging in the conversation.

"Can you do it?"

"Unfortunately not, but it shouldn't be too difficult for witches with the right spell."

"We'll figure it out. Anything else? What is your plan for curing her?"

"Of course, milady. I'm thinking I'll see you twice a week for some talking, either with the mistress alone or with you both. In the meantime, it is more than crucial for you to slow down and rest. How do you feel about that?"

"I could take some time off from the Academy, I guess...", Zelda said confidently but could not help the tightness in her chest at the thought of abandoning her role as headmistress. But for Lilith, she would do anything.

"That would be perfect. Given the acuteness of the illness, mistress Lilith should be under constant supervision. But that doesn't have to be uncomfortable. You could rather see it as time for you to bond again and talk, which is also a key factor to her recovery."