Twenty-two:

Twenty-two:

Summer seemed to go on forever. The days were long and hot. For Alina, it was long, hot nights spent sandwiched in between Aleksander and Mal. The two of them never seemed to let up. Most of the time, the two of them took her separately. Aleksander always first, and then Mal. She would wake, her legs wobbly, her body sore but in a good way. With wetness coming down her legs.

She found herself bored at the office. Aleksander rarely used her for anything, and she felt that she was there mostly for Aleksander to look at. Fedyor saw her sitting listlessly at her desk one day. "Has he still not given you any real work?" he asked.

Alina nodded. "He's been avoiding me, I think."

"You think?" Fedyor said. "Has something happened between the two of you?"

Alina blushed, thinking of everything that Aleksander had done to her in the past few weeks. Along with Mal. There wasn't a single part of her that Aleksander and Mal hadn't touched. But at the office? At the office Aleksnader acted as if she barely even existed. She had no idea why he was so aloof there, especially it was him that angled for her to be there.

"No," Alina lied, "we've been completely professional this whole time."

Fedyor smirked. "Well, maybe you have. Perhaps our dear Aleksander has had one too many dirty thoughts about the young, bouncy intern that he has in his office across the way from him."

Alina frowned. "I'm not bouncy."

He laughed. "You've got a bounce, my dear. You've been noticed by everyone. Guys and girls. Do you know Jesper Fahey, one of the department heads?"

"No. Can't say that I do."

"He's been practically salivating over you since you got here. Of course, Jesper's engaged to Wylan, who works in another department. So, he would never be so bold as to say anything. But he made a comment during a meeting about you, and our dear Aleksander nearly ripped his head off. I have never seen anything like it. Remarkable, really."

Alina rolled her eyes. "He's not interested in me like that. The only reason he reacted is because I'm practically family to him and he probably felt that he had to. Otherwise, Aleksander doesn't care about me at all. I'm sure of it."

"I'm sure that you're wrong. I think you should go for it. Who knows? Maybe you can convince that brute to let us go home early for a change. He could use a good mood, and if he's got you to put him in one---"

"Fedyor!" Alina chided, and Aleksander's assistant waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Just then, the door to the office opened, revealing a stern looking Aleksander. "Miss Starkov," he said coldly, "I would like a word with you in my office."

Fedyor gave her a worried look, and then he scurried back to his own desk. When he was gone, Alina got up, and went into the office. Once she was inside, Aleksander closed the door tightly behind him, locking it.

"Are you gossiping about me, Miss Starkov?" Aleksander asked. "Because, if you were, a boss might have to remind his employee that it is very improper for her to do such a thing. Practically insubordinate."

"Well, it's a good thing I wasn't gossiping," Alina said, "Fedyor was, and I was lying my ass off, trying to deter him."

"Were you really?" Aleksander asked.

Alina nodded. "What was I supposed to do? Tell him every sordid detail of what we've been doing this summer? I didn't think you'd appreciate that."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "You're right. I wouldn't appreciate that. But next time, it would be better if you didn't talk about me at all unless it's work related."

She scoffed. "You'd have to give me some actual work then, Aleksander. Because I have been here for nearly a month, and you haven't had me do anything. Except for get you lunch and coffee."

"Do you really think you're here to work?" Aleksander asked. "Alina, I have you here so that you can pleasure me, whenever I wish. That's the only reason that you're here. Everything else is inconsequential."

She scowled. "If I'm going to be here, I should at least be doing something. I can't just be here to sit still and look pretty, Mr. Morozova."

"Aleksander," he said sternly.

Alina blushed. "Aleksander, you've got to have me do something. You hired me to be your assistant."

"I have an assistant," Aleksander said, "Fedyor."

"Then, why am I here?" Alina asked.

"I told you-----"

"I know you know why," said Alina, "but I am not an object, Aleksander. I can't just be here for you to look at. I've got to do something. I'm smart, and I've got ideas. You're a tech company. Use me."

Aleksander heaved a sigh. "I guess you're right. I can't simply let you sit in my office withering away all summer. Do you know anything about social media?"

Alina laughed. "You've got to be joking."

"I'm not. My Head of PR keeps on saying that the company is visible, but that people don't really know who we are. Well, who I am. Mal's been good at it but he's not officially part of the company yet and won't be until he is done with college, so do you think if I gave you access to my social accounts you could start posting a few times a day? Something personal that sounds like me?"

She smiled. "I can do that. Are you sure you trust me to be the voice of Aleksander Morozova though? You're an important man, after all, and I'm just----"

"One of the most important people to me," said Aleksander, "I trust you. In fact, you're the only person that I would handle with the job. You know me better then anyone else ever has."

"How's that possible?" she asked.

"Because," he said, "you're the first person that knows my heart."