"A Painting of the Inn"

CXLIX.
~:•:~

Dawn's POV:

I followed Ash outside the inn right after we finished cleaning the kitchen. Drew and May had stayed behind and they were accompanied by the twins upstairs where they will also help in the cleanup of some rooms.

Meanwhile, Kylo drove back to their village telling us that he will bring us food.

"Over here, Dawn!" Ash called out before he stood at a certain spot with the inn before him.

I only followed after him and he smirked looking at the inn before us. It almost looked like a historical inn for me when I put more attention looking at the inn too.

"What do you think about the flowers in that garden from the back, Dawn? Do you think they're great?" Ash asked me that he laid down his guitarcase on the grassy ground and opened it before he took out a coiled cartolina from it.

"I haven't seen a number of those flowers in one place before, Ash. I didn't know you can bring us to such a place~ They're so beautiful specially seeing a lot in full bloom~!" I told him and I averted my sight back to the inn bringing my hands together behind my back.

I smiled with the image of the garden to have flashed in my mind. It so happen that a breeze passed by and Ash already stood up beside me uncoiling the white cartolina and I was speechless when I saw what it has on it.

There was a painted image of the Ampersand Inn on the cartolina that I was moved to come nearer to see it.

"Awesome, right? This is how Ampersand Inn used to look like back then... I asked mom to paint one for me based on this picture I had kept with me for a long time." Ash told me before he showed me a photo from his phone.

It was an image of the inn that was taken when Ash was a little kid. He was also in the picture and I recognized the Vestizo brothers in it too along with Ash's parents and some other people. Ash pointed the persons who own the Inn and he told me that the others were working in this inn back in that time.

When I look at the photo, it felt like the inn was really lively back then being seen on the faces of the people in the image.

"Are you planning to make this inn the same as back then, Ash?" I asked out of curiosity when we turned our attention back on the painted image of the inn.

It seemed to be resembling the inn as it was back in those days if compared to the one Ash showed me but there were some modifications especially with the exterior designs since there were additional changes.

"We can repaint this part and then we can fix this one... I already had Kylo look for workers to get on with the renovation at this area... Today, we just had to clean so it won't be so hard for the other stuffs to worry about~"

I noticed that Ash was looking very confident and resolute with what he said that he met my eyes at him before he grinned.

"Hey, Dawn. Can you decide to where and how we will arrange the flowers here? I did not include it in the painting but there should be an arrangement of flowers on the side of the pathway leading to the inn from the gate. I considered that we might make use of the flowers in the garden. I asked permission about it already~ And so, I thought maybe you could suggest about how we will put them... I remember that you were the one who prepared the flower arrangements during our acquiantance event, right?" Ash glinted upon telling me and I realized what he meant.