1

TW: slight abuse

          "I'm going out, see you later", Eren said as he rushed towards the door, I sat up from the sofa, "Oh... what time will you be home?", he sighed as he opened the door, "Late... don't wait up", and with those words he rushed out, "Love you be safe", my voice got quiet as the door slammed shut. I sighed and sat back down on the sofa, my arms spread out as my eyes glued to the ceiling.

Every Friday night. He left to party every Friday night, sometimes he was gone the whole weekend. I was always alone. Eren and I had been dating for about 3 years now. It was great at first, he remembered our anniversary, was so loving and kind to me. But one day it's like a switch flipped. He was short. Distanced. Angry.

I hated feeling like I wasn't enough. Sure he'd tell me he loved me sometimes, but did he mean it? But my mind roamed to all the bad outcomes. That he was cheating. That he was happier when I wasn't around. I hated it. I could never clear my head from these thoughts.

We used to go to parties together, but one day he stopped inviting me along with him. Like he didn't want to be seen with me. It sucked. I used to have friends, but he didn't like me hanging out with them if he wasn't there. He hated when I did things without him. But he partied without me and went out without me? I was stuck. I love him, I do. But am I still in love with him?

This was a routine every Friday night, I laid here alone. My mind running wild. The thoughts in my head were too loud. I feel like my life is passing by me, and there's nothing I can do to change it...

We lived in downtown Manhattan, New York. It was a fancy apartment, big windows, not too small. His parents, Carla and Grisha Yeager were well known socialites in Manhattan. They practically owned the upper east side. Eren has been working at their law firm for about 2 years now. He makes pretty good money and insists that I don't need to work, but I needed to do something. Or I would go crazy.

I worked at a book shop downtown, it was about 2 blocks from our apartment, I enjoyed the walk. Hans was the owner, he was like a father to me. My parents had died when I was young, car accident, hit and run. I lived with my grandmother till she passed, when I turned 19. I also met Eren when I was 19, he was there for me. He would talk to me every day about what I did. Ask me about my favorite books, movies. All that stupid shit. I felt special, loved. It wasn't too long after that till he asked me out.

Here I was, 22 years old. In a fancy apartment in Manhattan. Staring at the ceiling in the dark, same empty feeling in my head. Where was he? Was he safe? Was he using again? Is he with a girl? I couldn't stop the thoughts. I sighed heavily, "When did everything get so shitty?", my head fell in my hands as my fingers ran through my hair.

I sat up from the sofa and opened the fridge, "Tequila it is", I said as I snatched the bottle of clear liquid. I left the apartment and took the elevator to the roof. It was my favorite spot, I could let my thoughts go. The one place I could be alone, no thoughts, no Eren, no one. Just the city and myself.

I unlocked the door to the top of the roof and walked to the edge by the railing. I sat down, my legs hanging over the edge, my arms resting on the railing. I opened the bottle of tequila and took a sip, my face scrunching up at the bitter flavor. I rested my head between my arms on the railing. My eyes staring at the busy city, it was beautiful at night. Everyone had somewhere to be someone to see, everyone except me.

"Are you going to jump?", I heard a voice say my head darted to the figure behind me. "Thinking about it, why you going to stop me?", I joked as he came closer, his face being lit up by the city lights. Wow. He had jet black hair, pale creamy skin, dark blue eyes, almost the color of steel. His face was perfectly defined, a sharp jawline, slender lips, his eyes looked lazy, tired. He had on a black hoodie, some black jeans that fit loosely, and some black doc martens. He looked about 23-25.