23

His cold deep blue eyes almost glowed in this light. His face filled with pain as his gaze met mine. "I want to be alone right now", I said softly as I laid back in my bed. I felt the bed shift again, his presence next to mine. I could feel him laying beside me.

"Levi, please", I said quietly. "You can't change the past... or think about how to change it... it is what it is... the past". "So...", he started, "We beat on, boats against the current", he paused. I closed my eyes softly, "Borne back ceaselessly into the past", I said quietly.

"I'm not going to say sorry, I know you've heard that a thousand times and it almost has no meaning to you now", he said. My eyes stayed closed as he spoke . "But... I will say this", there was a moment of silence before he continued, "Live... each day as it comes and... make it count... we could all die tomorrow for all we know...", his voice just above a whisper.

We laid there in silence together. "Bad things happen around me... I don't want to... get anyone else hurt... my parents... Eren... Hans... I'm a hurricane of destruction", my tone soft. "This wasn't your fault... none of it- Your parents-... it was an accident... Eren- he was just a bad choice and... Hans... someone did that for their own reasons... it's not you Salem... it's the fucked up world we live in", Levi said.

"So be a hurricane of destruction... live recklessly, stop worrying about everyone around you and live for you and you only... you're all you've got in the end", he said.

We laid there in silence together, hours passing by.

I felt the bed shift, his body's presence leaving subtly. "Don't go", I said quietly, his movements stopped. Then I felt him lay back beside me. I smiled painfully, my eyes still shut. I felt my body start to relax, his presence calming me.

I woke up to the sun shining rudely into my room. I rubbed my soar eyes as the sun burned into them. I noticed Levi was gone, but there was a note on the nightstand, it read:

Don't be a stranger
Levi

            I noticed a faint smile creep up on my face as I read the note. Jean rushed into my room and opened the curtains wider, allowing more sun to blind me. I covered my eyes, "Get up and get ready we're going out today", he said as he faced me, his arms crossed over his chest. I laid back in my bed and groaned.

I felt the covers getting pulled off me aggressively. "I'm not taking no for an answer, get up!", Jean said loudly in a sarcastic tone. I groaned and sat up, my knees to my chest, I glared at him. He glared back at me, colder. "Fine", I narrowed my eyes, he smirked and started to walk away, he mumbled something under his breath, "I knew it would work".

I whipped my head to him as he began to shut the door, "What did you just say?", I stood up from the bed. "He's the only one who can get through to you", he looked to me, my gaze averted to the floor, then back to him, my brows slightly raised. I scoffed lightly and shook my head, "I guess so", I said quietly.

I took a long hot shower, the water felt nice on my weak body. I stared at myself in the mirror and dropped the towel from my body. The bags under my eyes were deep. My face thin and pale, almost hollow. I could see the outline of my ribcage clearly. I gripped the sides of the sink and stared into my reflection. My eyes were dull, tired. "You can get through this", I shut my eyes softly, "You will get through this", I whispered to myself.

I dressed in some baggy jeans and a hoodie, I slipped a beanie on over my messy hair and made my way out of my room. Jean was leaning on the kitchen counter. He was dressed in denim jeans that fit him well. A white t shirt and a fleece denim jacket that matched his pants, paired with high top black converse. His sandy brown hair styled in his signature mullet.