15

Levi's POV:

I woke up on the sofa, the sun shining into my eyes from the window across from me. Did I fall asleep on the sofa last night? I noticed Salem asleep on my chest, she was wrapped in a blanket. Her long brown hair messy, it hung over her face slightly. Light snores escaped her lips and nose. She looked so peaceful, beautiful. The sun lighting her pale skin up perfectly, she nuzzled her head further into my chest, I flinched slightly.

I was conflicted. Do I wake her up? I should wake her up. But... she looks so peaceful. No. "Salem", I said quietly, attempting to wake her up. She made a noise and rested her head further onto my chest. God dammit. I gently pushed her body, "Salem", I said louder. She jumped up, her eyes wide, "Shit- I must've fallen asleep- I- I- uh I'm sorry", she said as she stumbled off the sofa, "It's alright- I uh fell asleep too", I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. Which is odd... I rarely sleep...

She scratched her head, "I- uh have work so I'm gonna-", "Yeah no- of course", I said awkwardly. Why am I being so fucking awkward? She rushed to her room and closed her door. I sighed heavily, my head fell in my hands. What the hell is this girl doing to me? Am I falling-? No. I silenced my thoughts.

Salem's POV:

I rushed to get ready. I showered quickly and changed into some clothes for work. I can't believe I fell asleep on him. God that's embarrassing. I threw my hair into a messy bun and rushed out the door, "See you later", I said before I slammed the door shut. Why am I being so fucking awkward?

I stopped by my usual coffee cart before I made my way to work.

"Hans! Breakfast!", I yelled as I entered the store. He came out from the back grumbling something to himself, he noticed my presence. "Oh Salem, what are you doing here?", he scratched his bald head. I looked at him confused, "It's Friday, I always work Fridays", I said before I sipped my coffee. "Oh- I thought it was Sunday", I laughed and handed him the bagel, "Breakfast".

He smiled, "You're too good to me, kid", he took a bite out of it. I chuckled lightly as I watched him stuff his face. "How you like that book?", he asked as he wiped his face. "It's amazing", my face lit up. He smirked, "I always pick the best ones", he winked before he walked off.

My shift was going by agonizingly slow today, I checked my phone, 5:40pm. I sighed, "20 more minutes". "Salem!", I heard Jean's voice say, my body flinched at the sound as the silence I was enjoying was interrupted. I smiled at him as he walked down the aisle, "Jean". I focused back on the shelf I was organizing and stocking. Jean rested his head on my shoulder as I continued my work. "To what do I owe the pleasure, Jean", I said, "I was bored, and I walked by the shop and decided to see if you were working", I laughed lightly.

I finished the cart of books and turned causing him to lift his head. "Comic books are over there, lots of pictures for you", I winked at him, he narrowed his eyes. "I know how to read, you know", I raised my brows, "Are you sure?", I smirked. He rolled his eyes and playfully punched my arm, "Oh shut up", I laughed.

My laugh faded as my eyes noticed the figure walking towards me, Levi. Oh god. Levi's eyes darted between Jean and I as he approached. "I- uh sorry for interrupting", he cleared his throat, "Salem you uh left your keys at the house", my eyes went wide as he handed them to me. "Oh shit- thank you", I smiled at him.

Jean fake coughed, "Oh yeah- sorry Levi this is Jean, Jean this is Levi", I said to them. Jean smiled and extended his hand out, "I've heard so many great things about you Levi", I elbowed Jean's arm. Levi looked to me then Jean as he shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, Jean", Levi smiled flatly.

"Well- I have to um- feed my- uhm- lizard-so I'll see you two- nice to meet you Levi", Jean shouted as he walked away. My eyes wide as Jean smirked at me. Levi stood there puzzled, as he stared at me then Jean, "You too", he said as Jean rushed away.