4

I stood there frozen, "Are you alright", Levi came closer and held my shoulders, his eyes full of concern. "I-I'm okay", my hands were shaking and I could feel myself getting light headed. His eyes focused on the wound on my neck, "Shit- they got you", his hand held my neck as he inspected the wound. His touch sent a spark of electricity throughout my body. His hands were so soft, gentle.

"Come on- let's get you out of here, can you walk?", his hand left my neck and held my shoulder, I struggled to move my legs. I felt weak, dizzy, my legs started to give out and just before I fell, Levi caught me. "I got you", he said as he lifted me bridal style. My vision became blurry, my head fuzzy as my eyes struggled to stay open. Then it all went black-

I rubbed my eyes as I started to wake up, I looked around the room. Where the fuck am I? What happened? I scanned the room, the bed sheets were black, wooden floors, a walk-in closet like the one in my apartment. Tall windows across the bed, the city lights lighting up the dark room, this room was a lot nicer than Eran and I's, bigger.

I opened the door to the bedroom, and saw a man with raven black hair, an undercut, sitting on the sofa reading something. "Levi?", I rubbed my eyes, he shot up from the couch and came towards me, "It's just me, you feeling ok?", he guided me to the sofa and sat beside me. "Yeah- what the hell happened?", I rubbed my head, it was throbbing, "You don't remember?", his voice deep and raspy. God, I could listen to him talk for hours. I snapped myself out of my thoughts, "I mean- I remember those guys- then you came- but then its all a blur after that". He stood up from the sofa and walked to the kitchen.

"One of them cut you pretty deep on your neck- you probably passed out from the blood loss and shock", I heard him fill a glass. He joined me on the sofa and handed me a glass of water and two pills, "What are these?", my eyes met his steel blue ones. "Advil, I'm not drugging you, don't worry", I looked at him skeptically, "That's what someone who drugs people would say", he rolled his eyes and tried to suppress a smile, "Just take the Advil idiot".

I smiled at him and took the Advil with some water. "Thank you- for saving me", I set the glass down on the coffee table. "The fuck were you doing out in those streets alone? Are you stupid?", his eyebrows furrowed. I narrowed my eyes, "I am not stupid, and my boyfriend left me stranded, I got lost walking home", I played with my hands in my lap. He sighed, I felt his eyes on me, "You need to be more careful Salem", his head fell, "There's bad people out there".

I stood up from the couch and walked over to the tall windows, staring out the at the city lights. I could see my reflection in the window, the concealer that was covering my bruised face now gone, the makeup on my eyes messed up from crying. I hated this person. The person who can't leave their shitty boyfriend. The person who lies about the bruises and marks. The person who thinks they'll change when they never do. I felt my eyes starting to water, the tears in my eyes begging to fall down my face. I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

"You live here all alone?", I asked as I roamed his apartment, "Yeah", his tone was soft. My eyes landed on the book on the coffee table, The Great Gatsby. Of course, he was reading one of my favorite books. I picked the book up and smiled, "The ending is great", his face filled with interest, "You read it?", "It's one of my favorite books", I set it back down on the table. I rubbed my neck and I felt a bandage, my skin stung as I tugged at the gauze. He cleaned and bandaged the wound. I smiled to myself as I felt my heart flutter.

"I should probably get home, Eren will be wondering where I am", "Eren? As in Eren Yeager?", his eyes widened as he faced me. I knitted my brows in confusion, "You know him?", he blinked a few times and shook his head lightly, "Used to", his eyes glues to the floor. How the hell does he know Eren? "I'll walk you home, you're probably still a little fuzzy", he walked towards me and opened the door, motioning for me to exit first. "Thank you", I said as I stepped out into the hall with him.