8

I sighed as I stared at his contact, I answered the call, "Hey, everything ok?", "I-I loooove you sssmuch", he slurred through the phone. "Eren- are you driving are you ok-", my tone filled with concern, I hated when he drove drunk, god I fucking hated it. "I'm drinvongn to the hotels", he was drunk, fucker. "Eren please be safe don't drive-", he hung up before I could finish. I sighed and gripped she sides of the sink and leaned forward. I hope he's safe. I was scared, scared he would get hurt, killed. My anxiety rose by the second.

"Salemmm!", Jean groaned from the living room, I snapped myself out of my head. I sent Eren several texts hoping he'd reply, I just needed to know he was safe, alive. I looked through my clothes and my eyes fell on Levi's leather jacket he had put on me, I smiled and threw in on over my dress.

"Ready!", I said as I entered the living room. "Finally, jesus", he sighed as he stood up, he smiled when he saw me. "You look great", I smiled, "Thank you, Jean". He threw his arm over my shoulder and guided me out the apartment, I locked the door and we made our way donwstairs.

"Mikasa and Armin are meeting us here", he said as he parked in front of a fancy building just 10 minuets from mine. My eyes scanned the architecture, it was expensive no doubt. All of Eren's friends were trust fund kids, their parents controlling all of New York. My anxiety started to creep up. What if they ditch me? I won't know anyone here. I hated this feeling of uneasiness. "I'll be with you the whole time, don't worry", Jean said, it's almost like he could read my mind. I smiled at him before we exited the car.

His arm around my shoulder as we entered the prestigious building. My eyes widened as the elevator doors opened, it was penthouse, flashing lights and sweaty bodies dancing together. Jean guided me inside, through the crowds people.

(song rec: Memories- David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi)

Mikasa and Armin ran up to us. Mikasa wrapped her arms around me, "You're stunning", she said as she twirled me around, I couldn't help but smile. "Thank you, Mikasa", she hugged me tightly. "You look great Salem", Armin said as his eyes studied me, "Happy", he whispered into my ear. "I am", I said as we pulled away. "Annie, hi", I smiled at the blonde, she smiled back, "Long time no see, Salem". "I'm alive", I joked, "Yeah she is", Jean pulled me closer to him.

"Let's do shots!", Jean cheered as he guided me towards the kitchen filled with liquor. Mikasa, Armin, and Annie following behind. Jean grabbed 4 red solo cups and filled them with liquor, handing one to the each of us. "To an amazing night!", he cheered, we all grabbed a cup and tossed it back. The liquor burning down my throat, I checked my phone, still no response from Eren. Jean noticed, "He's fine, enjoy the night", he tried to reassure me, but I hated not knowing is he was safe.

We took about 3 shots each, Mikasa took my arm, "Dance with me!", she yelled as she dragged me into the pit of sweaty people. She started to bounce up and down, her hands still holding mine, "Let go!!", she cheered as she tried to get me to loosen up. I smiled and shook my head, "Fuck it!", I cheered, "Yeah!!", she said as we started to dance together.

We started to bounce and dance with the crowd, Mikasa's hands held onto mine as we danced. I felt happy, careless, free. Maybe it was the alcohol. Who gives a shit, I was having fun. I let go, I was smiling effortlessly, laughing with her as she danced with me. I looked over and saw Jean smiling at us, I motioned him to join us and he laughed took a shot and ran to the dancefloor.

He handed me a cup and I shot it back, I laughed as we jumped up and down to the beat. Our bodies close as we enjoyed the music, the alcohol. The crow started to get more energetic, we followed. All of us dancing recklessly to the beat, cups in our hands as we let go of all our problems. Our worries. Our fears.