3

TW: ‼️SA‼️

Sunday morning. I stared at myself in the mirror. I ran my fingers across the bruised skin on my cheek. Fuck it hurt. Eren had left for work early. He kissed me goodbye and gave me another empty apology before he left.

I looked awful. I felt awful. Will it ever get better? I sighed and gripped the sides of the sink, staring at the reflection I hated so much. Tatakae. Tatakae. (I had to I'm sorry). I walked out the bathroom, heading towards the kitchen. I grabbed some frozen peas and held it on my face. The coolness felt amazing against my bruised face.

I sat on the couch, staring out the tall windows. Rain. I loved the rain. It made me happy. I set the frozen peas on the wooden table next to the couch and stared at the shattered coffee table in front of me. Glass everywhere. I sighed and sat up.

I sighed after I had finished sweeping all the glass. "Guess we need a new coffee table now", I set the broom down and got dressed. I threw on one of Eren's hoodies and some oversized jeans. I grabbed my wallet and keys and made my way out the door.

I let the rain fall on my face as I stared at the cloudy sky. Fuck I loved this. I started walking down the street looking for a furniture store. An old antique shop caught my eye. I walked inside the store, it was practically empty.

My eyes scanned all the random objects. I smiled when I saw an old cat clock. I held it and stared at it for a moment. My mom loved these stupid little cat clocks. "Did you need help finding anything honey?", an older lady asked me. I looked over at her and set the clock down.

"I'm actually looking for a coffee table", I smiled at her, "Oh I just got one in- it's stunning- vintage", she clapped her hands together and motioned for me to follow her. She led me towards the back of the store to a white marble coffee table. It was stunning. "This is perfect", I bent down and traced my hand along the marble. "I'll take it", I stood up beside her and smiled.

She smiled excitedly, "Oh perfect!", she walked over to the register, I followed. She typed some numbers on the old cash register, "Alright sweetie, total is 3,500$", I handed her my card and smiled. Eren always made sure I had money.

Hell, he made bank do absolutely nothing for his parents. And I worked at dusty old book shop, I didn't make shit. It was nice not having to worry about money. He thought if my bank account was full, I'd be happy. That he could treat me however he wanted because he made the money, and I didn't. Some misogynistic shit if you ask me.

"Now did you need it delivered? It's free", she smiled and handed me my card. "That would be great, Thank you". "Jean!", she shouted to the back of the store. No fucking way. I laughed to myself. "Coming Anne!", I heard his voice say, he sounded flustered. Thank god I had covered up the bruise on my face with some makeup, or we would be in some real trouble.

Jean's eyes met mine and he lit up. Jean was always sweet to me, he loved flirting with me. But only in front of Eren, cause he knew it pissed him off. "Salem!", he threw his arms out as he came closer to me. He had a bruise on his lip and a cut on his eyebrow, from the fight last night.

I hugged him back, "Are you stalking me?", sarcasm all over his face. "You caught me", I threw my hands up defensively. We walked over the to coffee table, he scratched his neck nervously, "Yeah I- uh I'm sorry about shattering your coffee table", he laughed awkwardly. "Don't worry about it", I smiled softly. "You get that end", he said as he bent down to lift the marble table, I went to the other end and began lifting it with him. Fuck it was heavy.

Jean wasn't struggling at all, I mean...Look at the man. He had on a white button down shirt, the buttons at the top exposing his muscular chest. His biceps showing through the shirt. He was definitely attractive, there's no denying that. We walked out the store and towards an older car. Maybe it was a bronco? Anyway, it was a cool looking car.