31

Levi drifted the car into a parking space in front of his apartment building. I sat there, shock all over my face from the sudden action. He quickly left the car and grabbed both our bags.

He opened the door, "I don't have time to take you home, is it alright if you stay here?", he asked, "Yeah that's okay- is everything-", he cut me off, "Everything's fine", he said with a fake smile.

He opened the door to his apartment for me, then followed me inside. He set the bags down and rushed to his room. I stood there unsure what to do, fiddling with my hands. I walked inside his room slowly to see him getting changed. He slipped on a dress suit with a long black over coat.

"I'll be back as soon as I'm done", he kissed my forehead, "Keep the door locked, okay", he said as he held my shoulder. "O-okay", I said as he rushed out the apartment. I was still standing there processing what the hell just happened.

I wandered his apartment. I poured myself a glass of bourbon and sat on the sofa. I decided to read through my book. I sat there in front of the fireplace, flipping through the pages of my book, sipping my drink every so often.

I yawned and stretched my body as I stood up. I looked at the clock, 3:47am, "Wow it's late", I said through yawns. I decided to get ready for bed.

I slipped into the sheets on Levi's bed. I was exhausted, physically. But no matter how hard I tried I just kept tossing and turning in his bed as hours passed. Not knowing where he is. If he's safe. It was eating me alive. I sat up in his bed and groaned in frustration.

I noticed the sun was starting to rise. "Fuck", I said under my breath as I realized I hadn't slept at all. I decided to shower.

I changed into some clothes I had packed in my weekend bag. I decided to text Jean to see if he was up.

Salem: couldn't sleep last night- u awake? Breakfast?

I tossed my phone on Levi's bed then laid beside it, staring at the ceiling. After a few minuets my phone buzzed. It was a text from Jean:

Jean: ur buying- ur at Levi's yea?
Salem: deal- and yes see u soon

I stared at Levi's contact. Should I ask him if he's okay? Is that clingy? I don't want to be annoying... I bit my lip in frustration, unable to come to a decision. My thumbs hovered over the keyboard. I sat there staring at the screen, time passing by. A text from Jean snapped me out of it.

Jean: here
Salem: coming

I slipped my phone in my pocket and made my way out the building.

I hopped inside Jean's warm car. "Why the hell are you up so early?", Jean asked with a yawn. "I couldn't sleep", I said as I stared out the window, gazing at the different buildings we passed. "Me too", he said quietly.

We sat across each other in a booth at an old breakfast diner. "So what's your excuse?", I asked as I sipped the warm coffee. "I was binge watching this really good show and just couldn't put it down", he said, causing me to laugh lazily.

"Of course you were", I said with a lazy smile.
"What about you?", he asked, I shrugged my shoulders as I gripped the mug with both of my hands. "I don't know- Levi had a work emergency so we had to leave Boston at like 10pm- I just couldn't sleep for some reason... I guess I was... worried about him", I said as I stared at the cup of black coffee. "That's cute", Jean said, I looked to him, he had a cheesy grin on his face. I rolled my eyes, "Shut up", I said as I sipped the coffee.

"Have you texted him?", Jean asked, "No- should I? Is that weird or like- clingy... I don't want to seem annoying", I rambled. Jean sighed, "It's not weird to send a 'you ok' text to him- no", he said plainly. "You're completely overthinking it", he paused, "You know that right?".