19

It's been about 2 weeks living with Jean. It was definitely a lot different than living with Levi. Jean wasn't as clean, he had lots of women coming in and out of the apartment, who also didn't clean up after themselves. Listen, I'm not Mr. Fucking Clean, but I do like a nice environment, not a cluttery pigsty.

I hadn't heard from Levi, it upset me a little that he hasn't reached out to me. Maybe I should? I don't know how all this works, I've been out of the game for almost 4 years. I had finished the book Hans had given me. I was excited to start a new one. A new book was always super exciting to me. A new story, new characters, different time and place.

I was at work, stocking and organizing books as time passed. The bell by the door rang, signifying a customer had arrived. "Let me know if there's-", I stopped mid-sentence when my eyes met his. "Levi, hi", I studied his figure. "Salem", he started to approach me.

He had the book I had given him in his hand, "I finished it, it was amazing", his brows lifted as he stared at the book, then me. "I'm glad, it's one of the few romance novels I genuinely enjoy", I said in agreement, "It's just so-", I paused, "Real", he said at the same time as me. We smiled at each other as that word escaped our lips.

"Here", I walked to the counter and grabbed my copy of, The Beautiful and Damned, I handed it to him, "You'll like this one", he smiled at the book then his eyes lifted to mine, "I'm sure I will".

Hans literally came out of nowhere, "Salem leave!", he shouted at me, my head whipped to him, and I checked the time, "Hans it's only 4:30pm, I still have an hour and half left", I said in confusion. "I said go", he grumbled, I looked at him puzzled and he winked as his eyes averted to Levi. You fucker.

"I guess I'm off", I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, "Need some company on your way home?", Levi asked, I smiled, "Yeah". We left the store together, Levi beside me as we walked down the city streets.

My hand accidently brushed against his, his warmth radiating throughout my whole body. I smiled to myself as we continued walking. "You hungry?", he asked, I looked to him, "Always", I winked. Why did I do that. We decided on a tiny Italian restaurant at the corner of the street.

Levi sat across from me in the booth, the room smelled of pasta and fresh pizza. "You know this is the best pizza in New York", Levi said, I looked at him skeptically, "Every New Yorker says that about their favorite pizza spot, I'll be the judge of that", I raised one brow.

"Levi!", an older Italian woman approached us and hugged Levi, he sat there as if he were in pain, "Bella", he fake coughed as she pulled back, "Always a pleasure". I couldn't help but smile at the interaction. "And who's this beautiful lady you have here?", she asked with a warm smile as she wrapped her arms around me. I was caught off guard at first but then I embraced her back. "Salem", I said kindly.

"You got a beautiful one here Levi, don't lose her", she winked at him. His eyes shut softly, I decided to but in, "Oh we're just friends", I smiled at the older lady. She laughed hysterically, "That's what they all say", she said before she walked away.

A waiter dropped a bottle of red wine and two glasses for us on the table, I looked at Levi in confusion. "This is from Bella", he said as he started to pour the wine, I tilted my head and smiled widely at Levi. He shook his head as he attempted to suppress a smile.

I sipped the glass of red wine, my eyes widened as the alcohol melted on my tastebuds. "Wow", I said in shock, "Yeah", Levi added. I examined the bottle, "This has to be at least a 500$ bottle", I announced my thoughts out loud. "Sounds like Bella", he added as he sipped the wine.

"I have to know, how did you two meet?", I asked him, "I saved her business, this restaurant", his eyes roamed the interior. "How nice of you", I said, "Yeah well I had been coming here since I was 10, I loved the pizza, I kind of grew up here almost... I spent all the free time I had here before I started working for uncle", his eyes focused on the glass of liquor. "She was like a mother figure to me... you know, just super kind and loving... protective". I smiled softly, "That's amazing", my eyes roamed the room.