14

I showered and changed into some sweatpants and a t shirt. I had the day off today, which means I'm going to do absolutely nothing productive. I was excited to start reading the new book Hans had given me. I threw my hair into a messy bun and made my way to the kitchen.

I saw Levi sitting on the sofa, drinking some tea, reading the new book I recommended to him. "Breakfast is on the stove", he said quietly as he set his cup down on the coffee table. I walked to the kitchen, there was two fried eggs in a pan, a lid on top to keep them warm. I looked in the oven, two slices of bacon and two sausage links. I smiled, "This looks amazing, thank you", I said as I plated the food.

I sat at the table and started eating, "I made extra on accident", he said plainly, I rolled my eyes, bullshit. I practically inhaled the food. I cleaned off my plate and put it away. I walked over to the window across the sofa, in front of Levi. I stretched my body and watched the city wake up.

I snatched the book from my room and sat on the sofa across Levi. I sat with my knees to my chest, my body facing his. His leg was crossed over the other as he read through the pages. Before I started reading, I glanced at him, his eyes met mine for a second before he focused back on the book.

I hid my face with the book and started reading it. Both of us flipping through the pages as time passed. The room was silent, just the sound of pages turning. Our minds ran wild with imagination from the novels in front of us. Levi and I stole glances from across the sofa, our eyes meeting for just a moment every now and then.

I liked being around Levi. I know he said we weren't friends. He pushes people away. I don't know why. But all I know is that I want to know him, I want to keep knowing him. I don't know much about him, but I want to. I'll fight for his friendship. I won't give up when he tries to shut me out. I want to keep talking to him. This moment I knew, I'll do everything I can to be your friend Levi.

I set the book down and stretched my body. Levi set his down and rubbed his temples. "How you like it?", I looked over to him, "It's great, you picked a good one". "What about you? What book?", he asked, "The Beautiful and Damned", I stared out the window ahead of me. "You can have it when I'm done, you'll like it", I sat back down beside him. "Is it?-", I cut him off, "Fitzgerald? Yeah", I smiled at him.

"You have work today?", I asked him as I threw my head back on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling. "No", he said, I lifted my head and stared out the window ahead of me, I saw clouds starting to hide the sun, I smiled. I walked to my room and changed into some oversized jeans a hoodie and a beanie.

"Let's go", I said to Levi and I held my hand out to him. "What?", he asked, "Come on, let's go", I raised my brows. "Where? What are you-", I took his arm and pulled him off the sofa. "Salem what are you doing", he asked as I dragged him towards the door. "We aren't sitting in here all day watching the city, let's go, grab a jacket", I said as I stopped and released my grip. He looked at me puzzled, "I'm not going out and walking in the cold", he said flatly as he glared at me. I rolled my eyes, "Stop being a cry baby and let's go". He studied my face for a moment, he paused before he replied.

"Fine", he sighed and went to his room, throwing a long black coat over his black shirt. I smiled smugly and crossed my arms. "Let's get this over with", he pushed past me and opened the door, I followed behind him.

"Where are we going?", he asked in a bored tone. "Don't know", I said as I started walking, "Tch what are you doing", "Don't know", I shrugged my shoulders. "Why did I agree to this", he sighed in frustration.

We walked down the city streets, no destination, no plan. Just following where our feet would take us. We started to approach central park, I entered, he followed me.