12

Eren was sitting on the sofa, the apartment was a disaster. All the plates and glasses shattered on the floor. Bottles of empty liquor everywhere. It wreaked of cigarettes and weed. Eren was in the same suit from the night before. Blood on his white shirt. Dried blood on his lip, under his nose. Bruises on his face from my fists. His hair messy.

He shot up from the sofa and rushed towards me, "Salem baby, thank god- I'm so sorry- you're all I need- all I want- thank you for coming back to me" ", he held my tightly and I stayed still. "Eren, I meant what I said, this is over, I'm here to get my stuff", he pulled back.

His face filled with fear, despair. He dropped to his knees and held my bandaged hands, "I'm sorry- I'm so sorry- please don't do this to me", I looked down at him. I won't fall for this shit again. "You were my everything, Eren", he stood up and smiled. "But all that you did was make me fucking sad", his smile faded. "I'll do better- I will- I promise baby please don't do this to me- I need you I can't-", his voice cracked as tears started to fall down his face.

"Don't try to make me feel bad, that wont work on me anymore, I'm done", my face flat as he sobbed in front of me. "You ruined everything good", I lifted my brows slightly, "I'm done feeling sad"... "Just leave me alone", I pushed past him, and he grabbed my arm. "Don't. Touch. Me", I said sternly, my eyes burning into his. He clenched his jaw and released his grip, "Fine".

I packed all my clothes into a bag, all my jackets, dresses, pants, shoes. Making sure I left nothing behind. I stared at the picture frame on the nightstand. It was Eren and I, wide smiles across our faces, I picked it up and stared at it. My face flat, "Fuck you", I said under my breath, I dropped the picture frame, causing the glass to shatter on the ground. I walked out of the room past Eren, and left my key on the table.

"Salem, please", I heard before I opened the door, I sighed, "Goodbye Eren", I opened the door, Levi was leaning against the wall waiting for me. "Ackerman?!", Eren yelled as he rushed towards the door. We both looked at him flatly. "Think he's going to be any nicer to you than I was? Oh baby, he's worse than I am", Eren's face turned dark. I stepped closer to Eren, my face inches from his, my eyes glaring into his emerald ones. "No one's worse than you", I looked him up and down and walked away.

"He's a fucking monster!!", Eren yelled at us as we walked down the hallway. "Don't come back crying to me when you find out who he really is!!", Eren's voice trailed off as we turned a corner. I side eyed Levi, his jaw was clenched, he looked angry. Who are you, Levi Ackerman?

He opened the door to his apartment, allowing me to enter first. "Guest bedroom is the last door on the left, keep it clean", Levi said in annoyed tone as he rushed into his room, shutting the door aggressively. Looks like what Eren said really got to him, why?

I sighed as I dropped my bags in the room. There was a pretty good size bed on the back wall, white linen sheets. A tall window across the bed, stretching to the ceiling. A walk-in closet on the right ride of the bed and a marble nightstand on the other side.

"Guess this is home for now", I wandered through the room. I opened the door on the right ride of the window, my eyes widened. It was an all-white marble bathroom, a large glass shower. A large white bathtub beside it. White marble counters with two sinks, a tall mirror in front of them. "Wow", I said under my breath as I took in the luxurious environment. Eren had money, and we had a nice apartment, but this. This was something else.

I unpacked my clothes and belongings. I didn't have much, just loads of books, a few pictures of my parents and I when I was young. I set the picture frame of us on the nightstand. I stared at it and smiled. My mom holding me in front of the statue of liberty, her smile was so beautiful. I was about 5, I think? Her long black hair flowing from the wind, we were smiling at each other. "I miss you", my voice just above a whisper as I held the photo.