10

I was on my way home from work, walking through the streets. I took my time, knowing Eren would be home today. I sighed as I stopped in front of my apartment building. I didn't want to go in, maybe I'll stay here. Run away? Change my name and leave no trace? "You just going to stand here all day", I heard Levi's voice say, I looked over to him, he stood beside me.

"Thinking about it", I looked back up at the tall building, he sighed, "Tch, let's go idiot", he grabbed my arm and dragged me inside. I groaned as we entered the elevator, throwing my head back, and crossing my arms. "What's your problem today, you're acting like a child", I rubbed my temples and sighed. "You wouldn't get it", "Try me", I looked over to him, he was staring straight ahead.

"I just-", the *ding* sound as the doors opened interrupted me. "I-uh gotta go", I said as I rushed to my door, I looked back, he was standing there staring at me, confusion all over his face.

I took a deep breath before I unlocked the door. My eyed widened and jaw dropped as I opened it, Eren was standing with a black suit holding a bouquet of roses. Candles lit to keep the room dimly lit. He looked so handsome, his tall muscular body fit perfectly into his dress suit. His long hair brushed down his shoulders. He had a cheesy smile across his face, his white pearly teeth on display as his emerald eyes lit up.

"Happy anniversary baby", he came towards me and handed me the flowers, "Oh my god Eren, did you do all of this?", I smiled up at him. Definitely will not mention the fact that I totally forgot it was our 4 year anniversary today. "Yeah", he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "You remembered", I hugged him tightly as I held the roses. "Of course I did", he smiled as he pulled back. "Now go get dressed, something nice, I'm taking you out tonight", he kissed my forehead.

I rushed to the room and showered. This man is driving me crazy. One moment he can't get me to stop smiling, the other is he's making me cry and wanting to go insane. The fuck do I do? I slipped on a white satin dress and some black strappy heels. I quickly styled my hair and threw some makeup on.

I rushed out the room fixing my hair, my eyes met Eren's

I rushed out the room fixing my hair, my eyes met Eren's. His face was that one face, the way you wanted your soulmate to look at you. The way the groom looks when his bride is walking down the aisle. That look. "Wow, you look beautiful in white", his eyes studied my figure, I blushed. "Thank you", I smiled at him as I put my coat on, snatching my purse and keys. He hooked his arm in mine as we walked through the building.

My jaw dropped when I saw the limousine out front, "Eren", I said under my breath. I looked at him with excitement, "Did you really-", he cut me off, "Yes I did, it's our special night I want it to be perfect", he smiled and guided me inside the fancy vehicle.

He sat beside me in the back and filled two glasses of champagne, handing one to me. I sipped it and my eyes went wide, "Is this?-", he smirked, "You're favorite, Dom Perignon 1994". I smiled widely and sipped it again. "What's all this for?", he threw his arm around me, "I told you, it's our special night", he kissed my cheek. The hell is he up to?

We exited the car, Eren's hand on my lower back as he guided me inside the fancy restaurant. The room was dimly lit, marble floors and tall walls. The tables marble and booth's with expensive red leather. "Reservation for Yeager at 8", Eren said to the host, she smiled at him, then looked him up and down. Can you not see he's with someone? What is with people these days? I shrugged it off, she guided us to our table, we sat down. She placed the menu in front of Eren first, "Enjoy", her tone flirty, I rolled my eyes as she set mine down.

"Eren- we need to talk about your trip I-", he cut me off as he held my hand, "I got the Lawson's", he raised both his brows and excited smile on his face. I fake smiled, "That's great, I'm proud of you". "But Eren- you know I don't like it when you drive drunk- you promised you wouldn't do that anymore and you-", "I know baby, I'm sorry it was only that one time, it wont happen again, I promise", he smiled. "Why didn't you respond to any of my texts? I was worried about you", his eyes left mine with his hand as he focused on the menu. "I was really busy with work- I'm sorry- I didn't really have time to check my phone", his eyes avoided mine. He's lying.

"Oh okay", I said quietly as I read the menu. The waiter took our food and drink order, Eren across from me as he held my hand. "I missed you beautiful", he smiled as his thumb rubbed my hand. "I missed you too", I lied. "4 years with you, and I just love you more every day, fuck you're so beautiful", he eyes stared intently into mine, I couldn't help but blush. A grin grew on my face, "I love you Eren", I didn't mean that, right? Fuck my head is all foggy, why is he being so nice?

After we finished our meal, Eren order a bottle of my favorite champagne. It was easily a 700$ bottle. We sipped it as he told me about his plans for the law firm. What he's changing when he takes it over from his dad. His face lit up as he talked, I liked watching him talk about his dreams. Sometimes I wish he'd ask me about mine. Then he stood up from the table and kneeled down in front of me. No. What the hell is he doing? Fuck, no I cant do this now. No. My eyes widened as my lips parted, he pulled out a red velvet box from his jacket, I started to get nauseous. Oh god, why.

"Salem Aslan Rey, you're my person, the only person I want to wake up next to every day, the only person I want to see when I get home, the only person that can make me smile, Salem, you're the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with", he opened the small box and there was a massive diamond ring, I gasped.

"So, Salem Aslan Rey, will you be my person? Will you marry me?", my hands were shaking. My breathing heavy as I stared at the rock. No, I don't want this, say no. No. "Yes", was all I managed to say. He placed the ring on my finger and kissed me passionately. I didn't want this. Why didn't I say no? Why couldn't I just say no?

A/n: sorry again for this SHORT ASS CHAPTER