47

I hear his footsteps as he follows me out to the empty, long hallway. "That's it?" His voice echoes, loudly. As weak as I am, it makes me stop. "You're just going to walk away again, rather than talk it out?" He proceeds.

A bubble forms in my throat. It makes me uneasy, giving me the urge to turn around and yell at him. Doesn't he understand anything? Doesn't he see what I'm trying to do?

"Are you blind?" My hands are shaking because of my anger. I try to keep my voice calm as I turn around, meeting his gaze. Feeling blood pulsing in my veins. His stare is searching my eyes, pushing away the hundreds of obstacles I set up.

I prepared myself for this. The day he would try it again. Try to ruin every wall inside of me, trying to get a glimpse of my plan. It was once all in my eyes. Now I'm showing it. I'm taking action. I'm creating distance. I'm ending our blossoming affection.

"Open your eyes, Aries. Look at what I'm doing. Put the pieces together-,"

Before I can continue, a loud sound of a gunshot shout over my voice. Our gaze locks in shock, and both of us are unable to move for a second. Without thinking I run across the long hallways, following the sound.

Aries is shouting my name in the background, but the only thing I'm thinking about is to reach the sound.
It has happened. The torture is over, at the same time a new one just began. Calix is dead. His son is alone. Without anyone.

I enter the dining room with tears falling from my cheeks in complete silence. My eyes glide across the room, fixating on the blood on the ground. Calix's body is lying lifeless on the ground, in a puddle of red, fresh blood. His silver hair has now become red, matching the stains on his light, blue suit.

Blood is splattered on the walls, and my eyes move towards her. Sitting at the dinner table. Holding the gun in one hand and a champagne glass in the other one. She looks at me, her eyes half empty. Half-filled with the void. Her face now slowly draining red color, gradually getting white. She slowly lifts the gun in her hand pointing it at me.

It's pointed at me. She never misses, and she is pointing it at my heart. Ready to pull the trigger whenever she wishes. Fear drowns me, as it's sending ripples through my whole body almost knocking me to the floor.

The champagne glass falls to the floor shattering, and glass fragments get everywhere, cutting into more of Calix's face. Her lips are unhurriedly turning blue and twisting into a horrid smile reminding me of Calix. She opens her mouth, and blood spills out as she's choking.

"I raised you well, but this life isn't for you."

'This life isn't for you.'

She raised a liar. I got one task. I didn't complete it. It wasn't successful. Now that liar is standing in front of her, looking at the gun pointed at her heart. Ready to feel the bullet tread itself into her skin. Ready to feel the pain she made everyone else sense. 

With another bang, Alora's head hits the table and she falls off the chair, onto the small glass fragments scattered on the floor. The gun falls out of her hand, and as I'm about to put my hand on my mouth in shock, I notice I've been gripping Aries's shoulder all along.

We watched both our parents die at the same time. Together, in the same room. All four of us. He watched me almost get killed by my mother - by my own blood.

We watched them fall into their own mistakes. Their cold, filthy blood. We watched each of our plans, sabotage each other. We watched it all together in silence. Goosebumps are spreading over my whole body.

A cellphone begins to chime next to us. We exchange glances before I decide to answer. It's almost as I can't feel anything. It's almost like my nerves are done responding. I prepared myself to feel pain. I prepared myself to die. 

He knew it all. His eyes aren't filled with the same emotion as someone that had just experienced deception. He's just hurt. Not because his dad is dead. Because he knew what I went through all these months. He knows how tortured I felt. Yet, he still continued.

"Maeve?"
Her voice is shaking.

I don't reply. People are screaming in the background and she's running.

"It's Azariella. Sabrina is dead. Please return. Help us."
She cuts the conversation, and I let the phone fall on the ground. Without blinking, I let my gaze meet his.

It's showing his every emotion. His eyes are no longer guarded. "You killed my sister, too?" I ask him with a stern voice. With that sentence, his whole support breaks down. Now he's feeling the collapsing and I feel more numb than ever. More betrayed than ever.

Yet, tears are no longer filling up in my eyes, but tears are filling up in his. He knows exactly what he did.

-

Hi! This is the ending of book one. Thank you so much for reading my book, I appreciate it so much❤️