1

«One day you will take over,» she growls with a disgusting grin attached to her face.  Her eyes are filled with a darkness I can't take my eyes off.

A frightening darkness everyone wants to run from.  Still, she manages to make them stay.  She manages to make them fix their unsteady feet onto the cold, dirty floor - even though they want to do the complete opposite. Even though their whole heart wants to run far away.  Far away from this terrible human.

Human.  I don't even know if you can call her that. A human being would never have the heart to do what she has done.

What my mother did.

And what my mother will continue to do, until death rips her apart.

*

"Aim."
Her voice cuts the atmosphere and everyone's watching me very closely. Wondering if I'm actually going to do it. I fix my gaze on the scared woman in front of me. Her face is covered in dirt, and she closes her eyes slowly. Waiting for her life to end, as tears fall down her face.

I try to cover my fear, and it works. Multiple people already turn their heads around, not wanting to see another innocent human's life end. Not wanting to hear another horrifying scream escape their mouth.

Dad wouldn't like this, Maeve. I brush the haunting thought away trying to refocus on the woman in front of me. Dad isn't here anymore.

"Shoot her already!" Mom shouts into my ear. It echoes in the room. Her voice makes anger grow inside of me. Making me want to shoot her right here. Right now. Something that would be stupid. Her men would rip me apart. And Sabrina would take over.

I slowly put the gun down, and lock my eyes into hers. Her eyebrows raise revealing all the ugly wrinkles on her face.

"Stupid little kid," she sneers through gritted teeth and wraps her cold hands around mine. "I raised you better than this."
She raises the gun and I quickly close my eyes.

Bang.

I hear a loud scream escaping the woman's lips. Breaking my heart. People gasp around us, trying to cover their shocked faces. The woman is kneeling on the cold floor crying. The white sleeve on her arm soaks the blood coming from the shot.

"Mom," I say trying to stop her. Trying to sound strong. Trying. She pushes the gun hard into my hands, and laughs disgustingly.

"Your. turn." She says. Commanding me to kill the woman in front of me.

I sigh as I aim at the woman's head.

"Please," slips out of her lips. She raises her head and looks into my eyes. Pleading.

I shake my head slowly, closing my eyes. I don't have a choice. Even though I want to have one.

"Please!," she screams desperately, right before I pull the trigger.

Bang.

Her lifeless body lays on the floor. Her eyes wide open filled with tears, while a big puddle of red blood forms under her. Men rush to drag her away.

"She had a life. She didn't deserve this," dad would say.
And I would agree.