Chapter 21

We get inside and I sit on the large sofa beside Ashton and give him his pizza.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" I ask them.

"We want to know what you're doing to find those fuckers who are switching the papers," Asher spokes. "So we can help you with it."

"You not me. Remember what we agreed about?" Cora says looking bored as ever.

I see her eyeing the pizza a few times before putting it aside. All thanks to Ashton for making this non-veg pizza.

Not that I'll be able to eat that later.

"Why shall we let you guys help us?" I ask him.

"Stop being your usual self for once Kiara," Cora snaps. "If we can catch the person who's doing it, we can prove it to Asher's coach it all was a misunderstanding, and then he will let Asher play for the team again. Otherwise, he's banned from playing baseball. Forever."

I would've taken her down right then and there but I don't for Asher's sake.

"You too?" Owen asks him. Asher looks away.

"Yes," he says. "I've been on the team since freshman. Never have I ever broken one rule. And now he believes a false rumor over me."

"Well shame on him," Miles says between each bite. "You're a really good player."

Asher smiles a little. "Thanks, dude."

"Wait," Owen interrupts. "You're saying your case is a fraud? You didn't bribe anyone to win the finals last year?"

"Of course it was! Why would I do something like that?" He says.

"Well, both of Ashton and Cora's were real so we thought-"

"The news on them us about how they fuck people!" Ashton flinches. "Mine's directly related to my career. Do you know what that means? I will never be able to be in the field again."

"Okay," everyone looks at me as I speak. "You can work with us. But what about the one that came along with you?"

Cora glares. "What'd you mean by it? My career-"

"Of pompoming was about to end after this year anyway," I cut her.

"You know it's about my reputation," she says.

I snort. "You have one?"

"You-"

"Girls, don't kill each other here," Ashton cuts between us. Again. "I don't wanna witness you murdering each other."

"Then tell your girlfriend to leave my house," I tell him.

"As if I wanted to be here anyway," Cora says with a snort.

Ashton closes his eyes and then turns to Cora.

"Cora, babe, why don't we calm down and talk about the matter in our hands first?" Cora melts down then and there. She nods.

My jaw falls. Does he use that trick on every girl? I turn to Ashton and find him watching her with a triumph smile.

"Why do you keep saying it's one person doing all that?" Nyako says, interrupting their open flirting session.

"Nyako's right," I say. "It's not possible for one single person to pull all those stunts all by himself."

"Or herself," Ashton adds.

"I think the easiest option to track them is to track the location of our Facebook page that they managed to hack," Miles tells us. "They have to log in from somewhere to upload those posts."