Part 33

Next Day

Paul pulled his 'Parental Advisory' t-shirt over his head and ran both of his hands through his hair. The singer looked at his reflection in the mirror. He felt the knots in his stomach grow tighter as he thought back to the conversation the two of you had shared the previous night. After minor bribing to the answering service for Dr. Klien, the doctor agreed to see you at eleven this morning. Giving Paul enough time to himself to really think. Paul pulled his necklaces out of his shirt and glanced back in the mirror to see you grinning at him, in a dark blue dress with sunflowers printed around it.

"Well, this is a sight to see. Paul Stanley ready to go before me. Are you that excited?" You asked, walking into the bathroom.

The singer grinned and grabbed your hand, pulling you tightly against him as he flipped your positions. He stared at you in the mirror while he placed one of his hands on your belly. There was no question about it. Paul was beyond excited to find out if there would be a daughter or another son joining the Stanley household. The guitarist's major worry was what the two of you would find out about your mental health and what it could do to the baby.

"Of course I'm excited, silly woman. Guess what else I am excited about?" He asked, leaning his head on your shoulder.

"The small vacation? Which did you cancel with Eric yet? My birthday is tomorrow and we both want to be as far away from town while he throws his fit." You replied,

"Yes, Eric is handling the party cancelation with a pout I am most positive about, and to answer my question to you originally. I'm excited I get to spend your first dirty thirty birthday with you." Paul laughed as you turned around and slapped him on the arm.

Paul ran out of the bathroom and attempted to dodge your slaps before grabbing you and lightly tossing you on the bed. The singer leaned his face close to yours, kissing you slow. The thoughts were racing faster in his head, as Paul debated on asking you the thing that had been on his mind all night, as he had watched you sleep beside him, last night. You looked at him and rubbed both of your hands down his face, making the singer grin.

"We talked a lot about being honest with each other last night, and I want to ask you this question but I don't want to upset you or for you, sweetheart, to lie just to help me feel better." Paul started

"Honey, I am nervous too and know there is a big ass chewing coming my way from the doctor. Yes, I'm excited to hear what we are having, but I promise, now that you know more about me, the weight is a little more lifted." You said.

"Well, today when we go shopping you're going to get to know a little more about my past, if that's okay?" The singer asked.

"Totally," You replied, heading toward the stairs.

--------------------------------------------------------

1 hour later.

Paul leaned against the wall of the examination room with his arms folded in front of his chest. For the first time as long as he could remember, he was speechless. You sat calmly at the table and explained everything that you had told the singer last night with a few added details. The singer looked down at his feet, as you told the doctor a dozen medications you had been on, making him feel sad that you had been left all alone to figure out your life as a teenager, but not surprised by the fact. You looked up at him periodically, flashing a sad smile, as the doctor reviewed the medication list you had provided, not speaking to either of you. Dr. Klein looked up from the paperwork and then turned to the singer, waving for him to take the chair next to the examination table.

"Although I'm not happy that you left out this part of your medical history, Y/N. The good news is we can get it fixed while keeping everyone safe. Now Mr. Stanley, I know your band is usually always on tour, but right now your girlfriend is going to need your help as we get Y/N regulated again on medication. Therapy is a must and I mean that for you as well, Mr. Stanley either." Dr. Klien stated.

"I will call my management team and let them know all future tour dates and records are on hold. My family always comes first and everyone learned quickly after the birth of my son Evan. Y/N knows I will walk through fire to keep her safe, even if she delays telling me about her pain. As for therapy, my appointments are already being scheduled with my old therapist," The singer replied.

"Alright, I'm going to prescribe these three medications for you, Y/N. They will help with Bipolar, Depression and Anxiety. I'm sure you know it will take some time to get in your system, but both of you need to watch for sudden changes in moods or other side effects." She said sternly.

The two of you looked from each other back to the doctor, nodding your heads like two small children in trouble for a moment. Dr. Klein's frown suddenly changed from a frown to a smile as she stood up from her seat. Wrapping his arm around you, Paul grinned at the sight of the ultrasound machine being moved toward the table. He leaned forward and kissed the top of your head, breathing in the smell of your coconut shampoo.

"Yes, ma'am," the two of you said in unison.

"How about we get some happiness back into the room and find out what your little one is? Y/N, I'm going to give you this gown to change into, and this blanket to cover your waist." the doctor replied.

Paul moved over to the privacy curtain and pulled it shut after the doctor walked out the door. He turned and looked at you, tilting his head, watching you change at a high rate of speed the guitarist had never witnessed. The singer took his spot back in the chair, as you laid back down, letting out a shaky breath.

"Why am I all the sudden super nervous to have the doctor down there to find out what we are having," You gestured to your crotch.

"For once I don't even have a smart ass answer for you, baby. It will be fine and I remember from the last time they just said there was going to be pressure before Evan popped up on the screen." The singer told you, with a slight shrugged.

A small knock sounded on the door before the doctor entered back into the room, and out of habit, Paul grabbed your hand, giving it a small squeeze. She moved the machine closer to the table and flipped off the lights in the room. You scooted to the edge of the bed and bended your knees waiting for the doctor's next move. Paul took a deep breath and watched the gel being placed on the large wand with everything you had hit him with last night. Worry suddenly stuck him over the baby and what the state of his son or daughter's health was in. You looked up at the singer, raising your eyebrow at the singer.

"Good thing you are sitting down, mister. You look like you are about to pass out dear." you replied.

"Oh, that's normal for the fathers, no matter how many children they have. Now Y/N, there will be some pressure, especially since you've had to keep your bladder so full. Concentrate on the screen." the doctor said as she inserted the wand.

The singer stood up from his chair and held your hand, as the image of the baby flashed up on the screen. Up on the small screen was his child's face. It already struck Paul with the fantasy of who's features the child would have more of. Suddenly feeling tears in his eyes at the sight, he looked down, seeing you wiping your thumb across your own face. The only room feeling the room was the sound of a strong heartbeat. The doctor moved the wand around more, finally showing what you and the singer had been waiting patiently to find out for almost five months. He looked down to seeing you cover your mouth, as Paul pointed at the screen with a raised eyebrow.

"Is what we are seeing on the screen correct with the gender? We are having a," Paul sputtered, not able to form a full sentence anymore.