Part 40

(Reader POV)

You sat down on the couch, thankful to finally be finished with the packing. After four suitcases, you were getting hints on where the singer may take you for the brief vacation trip. Putting your hands on your belly, your mind drifted over the last couple of days with the ongoing fights with Paul, making you wish you had your best friend to vent to like you did in Oklahoma. The only friends you had around you were in the same band your future husband was in. Looking over at the phone sitting on the end table next to Paul's recliner, you thought about Michael. The last fight before Paul took you back home with him had been one of the worst in the many years you had known each other.

"I wonder if he would even talk to me now," You said, biting your lip.

Sitting quietly for a few minutes and staring at the phone, waiting for a sign that you should call Michael to make some type of amends with him. The baby suddenly kicked against your hand, making you laugh loudly at your little girl. It was a clear sign she was going to be very opinionated, like her father and mother, and going to be a handful. A small kick hit your hand again, making you stand up and grab the phone, taking a deep breath.

"Okay, little girl, I get the point. I will try to call your uncle Mike. lets just hope daddy doesn't get upset with us for doing this." You mumbled, dialing the number into the phone.

You took a seat in the recliner and listened to the ring of the line from the other side. Rocking back and forth in the large chair, you tried to take small but deep breaths to calm the anxiety building up. You tapped your foot, growing impatient, and pulled the phone away from your ear when a male voice came across the line. Shocked, you stayed silent for a few seconds, listening to the man speak.

"Hello?" Michael asked

"Hey Mike, it's Y/N, How are you?" you replied.

"Oh, my god Y/N! I didn't think I would ever get to talk to you again!" he said excitedly.

"Well, give me the dirt on life in Oklahoma. You are the gossip king around there," You said with a laugh.

—----------------------------------------------------

(Paul POV)

"ERIC ENOUGH! What I do or don't do in my relationship with Y/N. This happens when you are in a relationship, not that you would know anything about that. I have to work and that means traveling the world, so my family is taken care of. She will have to handle being at home from time to time alone. Pam handled it with Evan and Y/N will have to do it as well." Paul said,

"You're always upset when you leave Evan, and you wouldn't let the band do anything when it came close to the birth of your son. Why would you do that to Y/N, unless you're trying to get her to really leave you or have a breakdown?" Eric replied.

"We are in a band meeting, right? My girlfriend, Pam, or my children are not in the band, correct?" The singer asked,

Paul looked at the drummer, waiting for him to give an answer to the simple question. Eric shook his head and looked away from the singer, shaking as though he was trying to keep his temper in check. The singer felt Gene's hand on his shoulder, making Paul take his eyes off of Eric to the bassist. Gene shook his head at Paul as a silent request for him to stop the argument so the meeting could move forward.

"There will be maybe ten dates here in the states and then maybe five in Australia. Y/N could travel with Paul around the states, of course, if her doctor approves it. Paul is right, Eric, she has to get adjusted just like Pam and Shannon, with him not being around. It's hard on everyone involved, but once the baby is here, then we will take some time off." Gene spoke up.

"Speaking of the baby, do you guys have a name picked out yet? All I've heard is you all calling her little blimp," Bruce asked.

"Y/N and I agreed that if we were having a little girl, I would choose the name and vice versa if we had a little boy. Yes, I have a name picked out for her. I just don't know if I should tell you assholes first or my girlfriend. Unless it would help you with getting the baby better gifts," Paul said with a chuckle.

Paul smirked and raised his eyebrows at them, sending all four of the men into a fit of laughter. The tension instantly being lifted out of the room. Taking a piece of paper and pen from the middle of the desk, the singer scribbled something down and pushed it back to the center. The singer covered his mouth and watched Bruce grab the paper first and read it. A smile grew on the shy man's face as he passed it down to Eric. The brief note passed around the room like they were in high school talking about someone.

"Wow, that's a beautiful name, Stanley. I think Y/N will love it too. When are you going to tell her the name?" Tommy asked.

"Either this vacation if everything goes well, or wait until the baby shower. Speaking of that, I have to get home and get my woman." Paul said, pushing out of his chair.