Part 26

Paul stood on a bended knee holding out a jewelry box with a ring that was beyond beautiful. You looked from the ring to him, seeing the tears in his eyes mirroring yours. The singer smiled softly at you and looked like he wasn't sure what to say, which you were sure was a first for him. Paul sat the ring beside you on the couch and grabbed your hand, clearing his throat to speak. You ran a finger under your eye, brushing away the teardrops falling down your face.

"I want you to hear me out and think about everything before you give me an answer. I'm not asking you to be my wife because of the drama today and for you to stay with me forever. We've had a lot of up's and down's that would make most people break up, yet I couldn't imagine waking up every morning or going to sleep every night without you by my side. You've been through hell and back. Y/N, I know it's hard to trust someone when everyone around you has done nothing but hurt you. I want to spend my life erasing those doubts, loving you when you feel you can't love yourself, fighting for you and with you. I love you, sweetheart. Will you marry me?" Paul asked.

You looked up at him, seeing a few tears sprinkle down his face as the singer let out a shaky sigh. All of his words came flooding in at once, and you were trying to slow them down to process them. Most of your life, everything had been one-sided with love, and Paul standing in front of you pouring his heart out the same way he had done over the years, even with the fights. The singer had made you a first-time parent and showed you an uncharted territory of two-sided love that you didn't want to give up on. You just didn't know what to do about the hidden mental health issues that crippled you.

"You promise that no matter what, you're going to be here, no matter the temptations on the road or the fights I start, you will be here? Paul, you're right, I've had a rough life and I don't think I deserve happiness no matter how much you tell me every minute of the day, or not be scared when we fight what the repercussions may be. Paul, I fear everything about the good that you keep giving and showing me. I want our baby to have what neither of us seemed to have. I don't want to think about my answer at all. Do you want it now?" You replied.

"Are you kidding me right now?" the singer asked, tilting his head to the side.

You looked at him and put your index finger on your chin, tapping it a few times while you looked up at the ceiling as though you were thinking over everything again. Paul let out a deep growl, giving you the look that gave a clear signal you were skating on thin ice with the teasing. You put your hands up in silent retreat and then moved to wipe the few stray tears off of the singer's face. Blinking a few times and taking a deep breath, you nodded your head at the singer.

"Yes, I'll marry you, Paul," you said.

Paul pulled the ring out of the box and slipped it on to your left hand. The singer slid in next to you as you stared down at the ring, feeling your heart explode with genuine happiness for the first time since you found out about the little one inside of you. You grabbed the singer's face, running your fingers against the stubble growing along his chin before leaning up and kissing him. The two of you exchanged slow kisses, grinning between each one like fools, until you finally pulled away. Paul wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you close to him.

"I love you, Y/N," Paul said,

"I love you too. We better go eat and start discussing all of this," You replied.

"We can eat but if you throw another plate of food at me, I swear to god you're going to get it," the singer replied.

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it later, no matter what the outcome of dinner is," You said, grabbing his hand.

The singer let out a low moan and continued to follow you toward the kitchen, taking a seat at the bar. You walked over to the drawer, next to the phone and pulled out the baby name book with the piece of paper you had spent days writing out first and middle names combinations for your little girl or boy. Throwing the book on the breakfast bar, you went to work dishing up the food for you and the singer, turning around slightly every few moments to gauge Paul's reaction to some names on the piece of paper.

"So, what do you think? You asked, putting the plate down in front of him.

"You picked a lot of thought into these names. It's nice to see you feel our child needs a name that they can stand behind, not some weird one." Paul replied,

"I will not name a kid something that would get them made fun of in school. People are going to know by the last name who their father is." You said, taking a bite of food.

"I think I've decided on a little girl's name," Paul said, pointing at the paper with a grin

"Well, that was easy. Are you hoping for a girl?" You asked.

"Honestly, yes I am. Evan is my world, but I would love to have a beautiful little princess, too. Now if our first child is a boy that's great too, just means we try again." the singer replied, winking at you.

"I think you just love practicing to make a baby, mister. Now I have two big favors I need from you." You said,