Part 29

(Paul POV)

"You think it's too soon, because it's only been almost a year?" Paul asked.

The two men walked down the sidewalk with their coffee cups in hand, spending the last thirty minutes casually talking about their lives. It surprised Paul to find out more about his friend than Tommy had ever spoken about himself. The younger man let out a heavy sigh, making the guitarist stop in his tracks and pull his sunglasses off. Paul leaned against a shaded wall and looked at Tommy, waiting for him to give his answer.

"I think you both are great for each other. You are happier than you ever were with Pam, even with little Evan. However, as your friend, I don't want to see you end up in another situation with another child. Paul, you need to work on yourself for a bit, and get to know Y/N more. Stay engaged for a while and still celebrate her birthday. I don't think your new son or daughter is going to mind if you're not married right away." Tommy replied.

"If I talk to Y/N about wanting to wait on the marriage and she leaves me, Tommy, it will kill me. I see your point though. Every time Y/N has gone to the hospital they have suggested she get into therapy again and when I met her she was taking medication." Paul said, with a sigh.

"You head home and talk to your fiance. I'll tell the guys that this meeting for this convention, your punching bag, Mr. Simmons thought of after reading something in a fan magazine. Gene wants to do the biggest one ever." Tommy stated,

"Of course he does. I appreciate the talk and the coffee, buddy. I guess it's time to have this conversation. Hopefully, I don't end up having to rent another house for an ex-girlfriend." the guitarist said, walking off.

"Positive thinking, jackass! Don't go into the house with those thoughts or you will end up with negative outcomes." the younger man replied.

"Okay Yoda, call me with the new date and time for the next stupid meeting," Paul yelled, before heading back toward the parking lot.

Paul threw his sunglasses back on his face and ran his hands through his black hair, struggling to choke back tears. The thought of losing you and the baby was already becoming too much for him. He couldn't handle the thought of one child living three thousand miles away from the singer and their older brother, or the child being another product of a broken home. Shaking his head as the guitarist made it to the parking lot spotting Gene and Eric standing near the drummer's car.

"Where did you and Tommy run off too?" Gene asked.

"For Coffee," Paul replied, waving the coffee cup.

"Are you calm enough to do this band meeting or do we need to wait?" Eric asked

"Everything needs to be put on hold right now, the meeting and the wedding plans. Eric let the other two know the birthday party is still going to happen, but Y/N and I need to have another conversation about the wedding," the singer replied.

"Aww, someone is already getting cold feet," the bassist piped up, grinning at Paul

"It would be best for you to shut your fat mouth right now, Eric. Call me later with Tommy, okay?" Paul asked.

Eric furrowed his eyebrows and gave a small nod to the singer. Paul gave a small wave and jumped into his sports car, blasting the radio as he sped out of the parking lot toward his personal war zone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Reader POV)

You signed your name at the bottom of the letter of the note, seeing some teardrops fall on the paper. Stopping yourself from rereading the letter you had written to your mom, you opened the desk drawers, searching for an envelope and stamp. Groaning when you couldn't find anything, you stood up and headed toward the kitchen. Opening every drawer you knew, Paul kept spare paper and pens. You felt another kick in your stomach from the baby, followed by a growl, making you smile and stop your search.

"Okay little one, I know I forgot to eat breakfast, so we better make something before daddy finds out." You said, rubbing your stomach.

As if on queue the sound of the garage door opening making you stop in your tracks. You looked at the clock, seeing the man was back earlier than expected, meaning his mood was going to be iffy. You moved toward the fridge, grabbing a yogurt and juice, as the side door opened, revealing a red-eyed singer. Quickly dropping the food on the counter, you moved over to Paul and wrapped your arms around him as best you could with your enormous belly. Paul sobbed, with the tears dripping down your neck to your shirt.

"What's wrong, babe? Did you get into another fight with Gene or Pam over the wedding?" You asked, rubbing your hand down his back.

Paul pulled away from you at the mention of the wedding and tried to wipe the tears away as quickly as they fell down his face. The two of you took a shaky breath as the singer grabbed your hand and led you toward the couch. You took a seat next to him, watching as he looked down at the ground like he was searching for a shiny object. Grabbing his hand to pull his attention back to you, looking at you with a sad smile. Paul leaned forward and kissed you softly.

"Y/N, I'm sorry but I can't marry you." Paul said.